Product recall - Brukit Jackal and Brukit Wolf burner unit
The screw threads on the valves of a small number of Brukit Wolf and Brukit Jackal burners have been manufactured outside of specified tolerances. The screw threads on the affected burners will not form a correct seal on the gas canister. Gas can escape from these valves rendering the burner unsafe and should be returned.
Which stoves are affected?
Brukit Jackal - Received or purchased instore or online between 27/03/17 and 14/11/17
Brukit Wolf - Received or purchased instore or online between 28/04/17 and 14/11/17
If you have been using your Brukit regularly, issue free and following the instructions, then it is unlikely that you will need to return your burner unit. You can expect many more years of trouble free operation.
If you have not yet used your stove or after following the instructions notice gas escaping from the threaded valve please return your burner so that we can exchange it for you.
1) Before attaching the burner to the gas canister, always check the rubber o-ring is in place, in good condition and the valve is in the off position.
2) Do not over-tighten. Over-tightening your gas canister can permanently seal the gas canister valve.
3) Use only outdoors - never use indoors or in a poorly ventilated space such as a tent vestibule.
4) Do not use your stove if it is leaking, damaged, missing parts or does not operate properly.
IF YOU HEAR OR SMELL LEAKING GAS WHEN THE GAS BURNER IS ATTACHED:
1) DO NOT LIGHT not attempt to light the stove.
2) DO NOT USE A FLAME to detect leaks.
Note: It is normal to hear a small amount of gas escape from the canister as you are attaching and detaching it.
PLEASE RETURN THE BURNER TO US IF:
1) You hear gas escape when a gas canister is fully attached and the valve is closed.
2) The valve connection does not seem secure and the burner appears crooked or at an angle when attached to the canister.
3) You are still unsure whether your stove is safe.
HOW TO RETURN YOUR FAULTY BURNER UNIT
Please download and follow the instructions in this returns form. It is especially important that you tell us who you are and what your order number is!
PLEASE WRITE BRUKIT ON THE OUTSIDE OF THE PACKAGE TO HELP US PROCESS YOUR RETURN AS EFICIENTLY AS POSSIBLE.
Do not return the complete stove, we only need the burner unit.
Faulty items will be exchanged and returned free of charge.
If you have a faulty stove please contact us for returns information.
For further advice please contact customer support:
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, Phone: 01773 417007 or visit us in our Ambleside or Hathersage stores.
Note: The original Brukit 900 ml with a black neoprene pot cosy is not affected by this safety notice.