Over £200,000 Awarded To More Than 600 Incredible Projects
We are the charity that helps people Go Nice Places Do Good Things.
1% of Alpkit sales go towards supporting individuals and direct action projects. We’re incredibly proud to see the effect that these small steps can make. Our support takes the form of direct action by giving our financial support, publicity, advice or resource to help projects get off the ground. We love to support projects that champion education, participation, environment, diversity and health.
Apply and let the adventure begin
We support projects that enable people to overcome the obstacles that prevent them from going outdoors. Our support takes the form of direct action by giving our assistance to help projects get off the ground. This can be in the form of financial support, publicity, advice or resource.
If you have a project that cannot go ahead without our support then let us know. When you apply we will acknowledge your application and let you know the date of the next trustee meeting. We currently meet once every two months and will get in touch if we need more information.
If possible, please apply at least 3 months before the start of a project so that the trustees have time to consider it at their next meeting.
- We love to support:
- Projects that get more people experiencing the Great Outdoors
- Projects that seek to support, conserve, or generate understanding of our environment and wild places
- Projects enabling people to gain physical and mental wellbeing from the Great Outdoors
- Outdoor education programmes
- Projects that demonstrate best value for money, encourage new people to get outdoors and engage groups with a diverse range of backgrounds and ages
- We don't support:
- Charity challenges
- Commercially led travel
- Expeditions that are not focused on the Great Outdoors (e.g. rebuilding schools, overseas medicine)
- Scout Jamborees – due to the large number of participants involved in Scout Jamborees, this is not something we are able to support
- Retrospective applications – make sure you get your application in on time!
Every pound donated to the Foundation goes directly to support the outdoors. If you are a UK tax payer, don’t forget to sign the Gift Aid Declaration. It means we can reclaim the tax on this and any future donations you may make. You can make postal donations, cheques should be made payable to Alpkit Foundation. Download the PDF donation form.
Donate Online via Facebook Fundraiser
Your fundraising efforts will go into our PayPal Giving Fund so you can be sure 100% of the amount raised will go to the charity.
Set up a Facebook Fundraiser and select Alpkit Foundation as your Nonprofit.
Meet the Team
Pete WhittakerAlpkit Foundation Patron and Trustee
The Alpkit Foundation is an independent charity. It is registered with the Charities Commission in the UK (Registration Number 1162585). The charity is managed by seven trustees. The four director co-owners of Alpkit are trustees along with an independent trustee, staff trustee and customer trustee. The independent trustee, staff trustee and customer trustee are all annual appointments.