Returns & Exchanges
If you are not happy, change your mind or want to swap your unused product for any reason, you can return it within 123 days of placing the order and we will exchange or refund it no question. Simply return it to us, free of charge, with all the original packaging.
Please allow up to 21 days from receipt of a return for us to process it and issue your refund or exchange. We're working hard to bring this back in line with our 7 day expectation - the volume, however, of returns coupled with the necessary safe working environment that we've had to implement is causing the current delay. Our awesome Alpkit returns and CS team are all balancing keeping themselves and their families safe with continuing to work hard for us. Thank you for your patience.
You will receive an email confirming when your return has been processed.
Drew and Rachel - Return Heroes and Guardians of the Alpine Bond
- How do I return or exchange an item?
Return or exchange unused items within 123 days. Make sure you send a completed returns form with your item, we can't process your exchange or refund without it!
Box up your unwanted products with an enclosed returns form, check that they are within the following dimensions:
- Boxes: less that 20 kg and smaller than 61 x 46 x 46 cm
- Tubes: less that 20kg and the length plus 2 x the diameter must not exceed 104cm, with the greatest dimension being no more than 90cm
Visit https://rm.alpkit.com to create your postage label, print it out and stick in on the outside of your parcel.
Pop to the post office to send your item. Ask for a Certificate of Postage upon sending. This proves that the Royal Mail has your item and helps you to make a claim if it gets lost. (For small items you can use a post box, but you won't get a certificate of postage).
If your parcel is bigger than this contact us to organise a return.
- Have we received your return?
It usually takes 2 or 3 days for a return to arrive back with us once you have sent it. Please allow 7 to 10 days from receipt of a return for us to process it and issue your refund. You will receive an email confirmation once we have processed it.
- International Returns
Please get in touch straight away if you have any questions or problems with your order. We may be able to resolve the problem over the phone or by email.
Send the product back to us, don't forget to include a completed returns form (we can't process your return without it). You are responsible for the cost of return shipping and any customs duties or taxes, unless you're using Paypal Free Returns. If one of our products does not meet your expectations upon delivery, or if during its lifetime does not live up to the demands placed upon it, please return it to us for repair, replacement or refund. If the problem is our fault then we will do this to your satisfaction. If it's your fault then we will help out the best we can.
Refund: If you simply wish for a refund then just return the kit as you received it - in its original condition, unused, unworn, with original packaging and fit for resale. You are responsible for the cost of return shipping along with any customs duties or taxes unless using Payal Free Returns. Please contact us about returning an item before sending it back as we may be able to resolve the problem without incurring postage costs.
Exchange: If you would like to exchange an item, follow the standard international returns procedure, then simply make a new order. You are responsible for the cost of return shipping along with any customs duties or taxes.
Faulty Products and Alpine Bond Issues: We check all our products that are due to be sent around the world to ensure that they are in perfect condition when they leave the warehouse, but sometimes things can go wrong.
We stand by our products and we will repair, refund or replace faulty products. If you think a product has a fault then please get in touch as we may be able to resolve the problem without incurring postage costs. Given the practicalities of international couriers, you cover the cost of the postage back to us and we refund you when we have your product here and the fault is diagnosed.
Don't forget to always include a returns form with your product so that we can identify it. Failure to do so may result in delays.
- PayPal Free International Returns
Paypal currently offers free return shipping for customers that have paid using PayPal. To find out more and activate this service, please visit the PayPal website.
- I've received the wrong item, what do I do?
Option 1: If you would like to keep your incorrect item, please drop us a line and we can make sure our records are right for your Alpine Bond warranty and make any necessary price adjustments.
Option 2: If you'd just like what you ordered and no unintentional surprises, please send your mispick back to us using our free returns service and we will send out your correct item as soon as possible!
Option 3: If this whole ordeal has left you feeling bothered and in need of a lie down, you can send your incorrect item back to us (using that free returns service we mentioned earlier) and we'll refund the lot
- Accident replacement scheme
There is nothing like nice shiny kit to make you feel superhuman, however sometimes mysterious powers intervene, your well-meaning gran bleaches your down sleeping bag, or you reverses over your new carbon rims. We have all been there, but that doesn't make it any easier to stomach.
Our accident replacement scheme was created to soften the blow of accidental damage to your beloved Alpkit products. If a product is beyond repair we will offer you a discount on a new replacement item.
- Up to 50% discount within first month
- Up to 30% discount within 1 – 6 months
- Up to 20% discount within 6 - 24 months
- Up to 10% discount within 24 – 36 months
We determine the scale of the discount and you must send the product back to us so that we know it is out-of-circulation. Damage from normal wear and tear does not apply.
- The cost of returning your damaged goods is at your expense. It is your responsibility to ensure the goods arrive with us
- Please make sure returned items are clean and safe for transport
- You must provide proof of purchase (such as your order number or email receipt)
- The replacement offer applies to original owner only
- Our decision on whether a claim is genuine is final
- Damage sustained from normal wear and tear does not apply
- The value of this accident replacement discount will be determined by us
- The discount can only be used on the same product - or in the event of an item being out of stock - a like for like product and solely for the purpose of the accident replacement
- The discount can only be applied on the full retail price and not on top of any other discounts or promotions running
- What is the Alpine Bond?
If one of our products does not meet your expectations upon delivery, or if during its lifetime does not live up to the demands placed upon it, please return it to us for repair, replacement or refund. If the problem is our fault then we will do this to your satisfaction. If it’s your fault then we will help out the best we can. Find out more.
- Using Collect+ service
Collect+ is an alternative method for you to return parcels through a network of over 6,000 local convenience stores. Parcels can be dropped at a local Collect+ store, 7 days per week and during the evening.
The parcel is scanned and a receipt with a tracking code is created. Parcels can be up to 10 kg and 60 x 50 x 50 cm. Simply box up your unwanted products with an enclosed returns form.
- Less than 10 kg and smaller that 60 x 50 x 50 cm
- Is your parcel bigger than this? If so, contact us to organise a return
- Visit Collect+ to purchase your postage label, print it out and stick it on the outside of your parcel
- Find your local Collect+ store (there are 6,000 across the UK) on their website. The shopkeeper will scan your parcel and give you a receipt with your unique reference number on it. You can use this code to track your parcels progress