Elan is a waterproof, hooped bivvy bag for self-supported, multi-day trips. When you want more protection than a standard bivvy bag but don't want to pack a tent, Elan provides lightweight and packable shelter.
Inspired by military-style bivouacs, the crossed pole design is free-standing, quick to pitch, stable in strong winds and weighs less than 1kg. The head canopy makes Elan a more comfortable bivvy bag and keeps you drier too while a mesh panel gives better airflow.
Elan's wet weather performance is close to that of a tent flysheet as the canopy improves water run-off. The tough 70D nylon is more durable than the material used in ultralight backpacking tents so you know it won't let you down.
It's bivvying at its best.
- Shorter pole lengths create a small pack size - perfect for backpacking and bikepacking
- Self-supporting canopy structure can be used without any pegs
- Two-way main zip and mesh zip for additional venting
- Roll-away rear rain flap
- Reflective webbing loops to help you find it at night
- Pre-bent alloy poles, reinforced pole webbing and anodised metal eyelets for increased durability
- Webbing loop on the top of the footbox allows you to lift footbox off your feet when tied up
- Storm flap on main zip prevents rain ingress
- Two internal mesh storage pockets
- 3 year Alpine Bond
Pitched: 225cm x 77cm* x 45cm (L x W x H)
Packed: 39cm x 11cm (L x D)
Outer: 70D ripstop nylon
Groundsheet: 70D ripstop nylon
Poles: 7001 alloy (x2)
Pegs: Y Beam (x6)
900g (not including pegs)
Outer: 10,000mm hydrostatic head
Groundsheet: 5,000mm hydrostatic head
China*Elan tapers to 72cm at the footbox
Sustainability and Product Care
Caring for your bivvy bag
Clean and dry your bivvy bag thoroughly after each use. Never use a washing machine, tumble dryer or jet wash to clean your tent. Spot clean with warm water, mild (non-detergent) soap and a soft sponge. Never use bleach, fabric softeners or other household cleaning products and air dry only.