By using high warmth-to-weight ratio 750 FP down the PipeDream 600 packs in a helluva-lot of insulating loft for just a shade over a kilogram (1065g). With this comparatively low weight and no unnecessary features, it’s the ideal bag for fast and light sub-zero expeditions.
There are lots of variables (including how much you’ve had to eat before bed - eating an entire packet of Jamaican Ginger Cake usually does the trick) but we think this is the ideal level of fill for 3-4 season use in the UK or summer alpine climbing.
Horizontal box-wall baffles eradicate cold spots and prevent down migration and a tapered mummy shape ensures the bag is as thermally efficient as possible, reducing the amount of internal air. The drawcord hood closure, neck baffle and full-length zip baffle keep out draughts, trapping precious warm air when the mercy drops below freezing.
The PipeDream 600 has a water-resistant PFC-free DWR coating, so the odd drip of condensation or early morning dew won't ruin your bag’s insulation. DownTek™ Hydrophobic down also loses less of its warmth when wet, dries quicker and recovers better from moisture.
- 750 FP RDS-approved down provides a great warmth to weight ratio and is super compressible
- C0 DWR treated outer and DownTek™ PFC-Free hydrophobic down resist damp and moisture ingress
- Narrow, tapered mummy shape reduces internal air space and increases thermal efficiency
- Horizontal box-wall baffles reduce down migration and prevent insulation cold spots
- Adjustable head closure, sculpted neck baffle and full-length zip baffle keep out draughts
- Cotton lofting bag for storage and compression stuff sack included
- 3 Year Alpine Bond
AK Sleep Limit: -12°C
Our recommended usable limit of the bag. The majority of our customers will find this to be the tipping point between a comfortable and restless nights sleep.
|TOG||Leeds Comfort||EN13537 Comfort||EN13537 Limit||EN13537 Extreme*|
* The Extreme rating is the temperature at which the average woman can remain for six hours without risk of DEATH from hypothermia - but can still sustain cold injuries - under EN13537 conditions. We do not recommend using this bag in these weather conditions, or making your purchasing decision based on this value.
This rating is for the PipeDream Regular. PipeDream XL contains the same quantity of down as Pipedream Regular. As a result, Pipedream XL may be up to two degrees cooler than the PipeDream Regular
Fill: 90/10 Grey goose down - RDS certified & DownTek PFC-Free Hydrophobic
Fill power: IDFB 750
Fill weight: 600g
Inner: 20D Polyester, 45g/m2
Outer: 20D Polyester, 45g/m2
Weight: Reg - 1085g / Long - 1145g
Internal length: Reg - 190cm / Long - 210cm
Internal width: Reg - 75cm / Long - 75cm
Zip Length: Reg - 160cm / Long - 160cm
Stuff Bag Weight: Reg - 30g / Long - 30g
Packed Size: Reg - ⌀21 x 30cm / Long - ⌀21 x 30cm
Compressed size:* Reg - ⌀21 x 18cm / Long - ⌀21 x 18cm
*Straps not included
PFC-FREE C0 DWR
As part of our continuing effort to remove long-chain flurocarbons from our products, we’re now introducing C0 Durable Water Repellent (DWR) treatments to our sleeping bags. Despite the slight impact on performance when compared to C6 DWRs, C0 DWRs are non-toxic and completely PFC-free, causing significantly less environmental damage. We fully support this change. In fact, we quite like the idea of taking time to look after our kit so that it lasts a long time. We’re committed to reducing the environmental impact of all our products, reviewing the materials we use, manufacturing methods and our own consumption of resources. We do the research, make informed decisions, and choose the best option available to us.
RESPONSIBLE DOWN STANDARD
We use only RDS certified down; all our down is audited by a third party to ensure that it comes from birds who are not live-plucked, force-fed, or mistreated.