Harvey British Mountain Maps are designed specifically for hillwalkers, climbers and mountaineers in conjunction with the British Mountaineering Council (BMC).
This map covers the northern half of the Peak District, taking in its highest moorland hills and edges.
Printed on waterproof and tear-resistant polyethylene, British Mountain Maps are less than half the weight of laminated maps. The map area is printed all on one side for ease of use with colour shading for easy hill and valley identification in the clag, plus detailed crag info for climbers trying to find base of the route.
The map also includes a 1:20,000 enlargement of the Kinder plateau, a notriously featureless area and a difficult place to navigate across even with good visibility.
The back of the map contains navigation tips, Mountain Rescue and first aid advice, useful local info and a geological map of the area designed by the British Geological Survey.
- Printed on waterproof and tear-resistant polyethylene
- Large area covered all on one side
- Less than half the weight of a laminated map
- 1:20,000 enlarged map of Kinder plateau for navigating in low visibility
- Colour shading for easy hill and valley identification
- Detailed crag information for climbers
- Mountain incident and first aid advice and navigation tips
- List of useful local phone numbers and websites
- Geological map designed by the British Geological Survey
- 3 Year Alpine Bond
2.5cm = 1km
Map size folded
124 x 235mm
Map size flat
992 x 940mm