Ledge is a traditional mountain rucksack for hiking and scrambling. Drawcord closure, protected from the elements by an extendable top lid with compression straps, gives a wide opening to the spacious main compartment and the potential for overstuffing. The lid itself has a 4-litre capacity, with zipped pockets on the inside and outside to help you to organise your gear. External retainers and stowable loops for your ice axes or trekking poles give you some extra capacity. A DWR coating gives you some protection from those unexpected showers.
However, Ledge puts a twist on the classic mountaineering backpack with added features to create a functional rucksack that simply works. Drinks bottle pockets on the side and hip fins to get your gear without putting your backpack down on the ground (ideal for on-the-go snacks and belay stances), plus external webbing ladders give you some extra quick-access capacity. Buckled compression straps hold your rope in place or let you cinch in your bag when it’s not full. On the inside, a hydration sleeve, hanging clip and tube port help you to stay hydrated on the move.
Ledge offers comfort and stability in a slim and unobtrusive package that makes it ideal for mountaineering. An internal stiffener in the back support gives plenty of structure for load-bearing, and 3D foam with venting channels creates airflow and feels comfortable on your back. Load lifting adjusters on the shoulder straps bring the top of the bag in if you have a heavy load and the repositionable sternum strap holds your shoulder straps in place. The hip fins, dubbed ‘hip huggers’ by the product team, contour to your body for a secure and stable fit. .. Read more
- 30 litre mountaineering backpack for hiking and scrambling
- Slim shape gives you excellent freedom of movement and manoeuvrability
- Closure: Top loading main compartment with single pull drawstring and compression strap; extendable top lid keeps out the elements and lets you overstuff
- Back system: 3D foam with venting channels for air flow, internal stiffener for load bearing
- Harness: padded mesh shoulder straps with load lifting strap adjustors for heavy kit; mesh padded hip belt with body-hugging hip fins; sternum strap can be repositioned for the best fit
- Zipped pockets on the top and bottom of the lid are ideal for valuables
- Hip fin pockets and stretchy side pockets are ideal for gear you’ll need on the go; hydration sleeve, hanging loop, and port help you stay hydrated
- Daisy chain webbing and external stowable rear pole/ice axe loops and retainers give you extra capacity
- 3 Year Alpine Bond
Main fabric: 210D Nylon mini ripstop with PU coating (1500 mm) Base Reinforcement: 420D Nylon Buckles: Duraflex DWR C6
Capacity: 30 L (including 4 L lid) Weight: 790 g Dimensions (HWD - fully packed): 63 x 25 x 22 cm Hydration sleeve fits 3 L bladder
I also found that the Ledge distributed weight evenly across my back as it offers a firmer back panel than the cheaper alternatives.