The Ledge is a classic mountain daypack for hiking and scrambling. The 35L capacity provides enough room for all the spare layers and essentials you need on the hill, even in the depth of winter.
- Lightweight design without compromising on durability or comfort
- Attachments for carrying an ice axe or walking poles
- 3D foam vented back panel keeps your back cool
The Ledge offers comfort and stability in a slim and unobtrusive package that makes it ideal for mountaineering. An internal stiffener in the back support gives plenty of structure for load-bearing, and 3D foam cushioning with venting channels creates airflow for additional comfort...Read more
Load lifting adjusters on the shoulder straps bring the top of the bag in on steep slopes and airy traverses and the sternum strap can be repositioned to holds your shoulder straps in place. The hip fins, dubbed ‘hip huggers’ by the product team, contour to your body for a secure and stable fit.
The main compartment is top-loading for easy packing, and quick to pull shut with a simple drawcord and single buckle top lid. Inside is a hydration sleeve and bladder hanging loop with a hydration port over the shoulder. The lid itself has a 4-litre capacity, with zipped pockets on top and underneath to help organise your gear. Stretchy side pockets will take larger water bottles and the hip fins have zipped mesh pockets, allowing you to get to snacks or small items like head torches and compasses without taking your pack off.
The Ledge has a floating lid and compressions straps on the side and over the main pocket to give you the flexibility of carrying smaller loads. Removable bungee cords and stowable loops provide attachments for walking poles and ice axes. The compression strap under the lid can also be used for carrying a rope or securing crampons.Read less
- Cushioned 3D foam back with venting channels for air flow and an internal stiffener for load bearing
- Padded shoulder straps with load lifters and mesh padded hip belt for carrying heavy loads
- Slim shape gives you excellent freedom of movement and manoeuvrability
- Loops and bungee cords for carrying walking poles or ice axes outside your pack
- Compression strap under the lid can be used to secure a rope or crampons
- Main compartment is easy to get into with a drawstring closure and single buckle lid closure
- Two zipped lid pockets, zipped mesh hip belt pockets and stretchy side pockets
- Extendable top lid and side compressions straps give you packing flexibility
- Internal hydration sleeve, hanging loop, and tube port for carrying a water bladder
Main fabric: 210D Nylon mini ripstop with PU coating (1500 mm hydrostatic head)
Base: 420D nylon reinforcement
PFC-free DWR Treatment
35 litre capacity
|Inches||17.3 - 18.9|
|CMs||44 - 48|
How to Measure your Torso
- Tilt your head forward and find your C7 vertebrae (a.k.a. the bone that sticks out at the bottom of your neck between your shoulders).
- Place your hands on top of your hip bone with your fingers facing forwards and your thumbs pointing across your back.
- Now measure from your C7 vertebrae, down to the point that meets the line between your thumbs.
Author: Rob Slade and Naomi Dunbar
I also found that the Ledge distributed weight evenly across my back as it offers a firmer back panel than the cheaper alternatives.