Tyrol is our natural fibre 20 litre daypack, inspired by the classic alpine packs shouldered by our childhood idols. It’s ideal for mountain walking and travel, with practical features for daily use too.
It’s made from dry waxed cotton, which is cotton canvas imbued with wax to give it natural water resistance and a supple feel. Waxed cotton is lightweight and incredibly durable, that’s why it’s been used over the centuries for everything from sailcloth to garments for farmers, and why we’ve used to it make mountain daypacks suitable for day-in, day-out use.
Tyrol features single buckle and flap closure, with a drawstring collar that lets you overstuff it and a zipped pocket with key clip in the lid for things you’ll need quick access to – your head torch, keys or a trail bar. Inside, the laptop sleeve fits up to a 15” laptop and a soft padded back support makes it comfortable to carry.
Tyrol is a backpack made to go everywhere with you, share in your adventures, be depended upon and live to tell the tale afterwards. Designed and made by the team here in our UK factory (just outside the Peak District) to be hardwearing and enduring, all buckles are aluminium, stress-points are bar-tacked and seams bound. We know how important a dependable backpack is, so you’ve also got the reassurance of a 25 year Alpine Bond warranty just in case.
- 20 litre technical waxed cotton backpack for hillwalking and travel.
- Waxed cotton is natural water resistant, durable, lightweight and supple.
- Designed and made here in our UK factory to be hardwearing and durable.
- We use dry waxed cotton to reduce transfer of wax onto your clothing.
- Padded back support makes it comfortable to carry.
- Single buckle and flap closure with a drawstring collar so that you can overstuff.
- Zipped pocket in lid for valuables and stuff you need to get to.
- Internal sleeve for 15” laptop makes it ideal for day-to-day use too.
- 25 Year Alpine Bond
Capacity: 20 l Weight: 550 g
Outer fabric: 330 denier Dry Waxed cotton Lining: cotton Hardware: Aluminium tension hooks, YKK zip
Product Care Information
For us, caring for our gear is all part of the adventure. Tyrol is made from dry waxed cotton, which has a higher melting point than regular waxed cotton to reduce transfer onto your clothes (it will still transfer, but at a slower rate). You still need to rewax your bag every so often so that it maintains its water resistance. We recommend rewaxing every 12 months, or if you notice your bag isn’t repelling water as it should. For more detail on how to rewax your bag, take a look at our rewaxing support sticky.