Brevent is our 22 litre natural fibre backpack for mountain walking and travel. It was inspired by the mountain packs of our childhood idols, but with practical touches that make it handy for day-to-day use too.
- Waxed cotton is a naturally hard-wearing and water resistant
- Cushioned back panel and padded shoulder straps
- Zipped outer pocket, inner valuables and mesh bottle pockets
We've used dry waxed cotton, a cotton canvas imbued with wax to give it natural water resistance and a supple feel. Waxed cotton is lightweight and incredibly durable, which is why it’s been used over the centuries for everything from sailcloth to garments for farmers. It's also why we’ve used to it make mountain daypacks suitable for day-in, day-out use.
Brevent features 2 buckle flap closure, with a drawstring collar that lets you stuff that extra layer in that you thought wouldn’t fit and a zipped pocket in the lid for stuff you need to get to quickly (your head torch, compass, keys…). Two bellow-style side pockets with compression straps are ideal for your swig bottle, and on the inside you’ve got a laptop sleeve which fits a 15 “ laptop.
A soft padded back support makes it really comfortable to carry, with a sternum strap and hip belt that help to distribute the load across your torso.
Created by the team here at our Nottinghamshire factory, the Tyrol is designed to be hardwearing and enduring: all buckles are aluminium, stress-points are bar-tacked and seams bound. We know how important a dependable backpack is, so you’ve also got the reassurance of a 25 year Alpine Bond warranty just in case.
- Waxed cotton is a naturally hard-wearing and water resistant material
- Cushioned back panel and shoulder straps plus hip belt and sternum strap
- Zipped lid pocket (with key clip), inner valuables pocket and internal mesh divider
- Bellow-style side pockets with compression straps for water bottles.
- Buckle closure lid with drawstring closure so you can over-stuff your pack
- Uses dry waxed cotton reduces transfer of wax onto your clothing
- Hypalon square to attach a rear safety light
- Designed and made by our Nottinghamshire factory team
- 25 Year Alpine Bond
Capacity: 22 litres
Outer fabric: 330 denier dry waxed cotton
Lining: Cotton Hardware: Aluminium tension hooks, YKK zip, Duraflex buckles
Product Care Information
For us, caring for our gear is all part of the adventure. Tyrol is made from dry waxed cotton, which has a higher melting point than regular waxed cotton to reduce transfer onto your clothes (it will still transfer, but at a slower rate). You still need to rewax your bag every so often so that it maintains its water resistance. We recommend rewaxing every 12 months, or if you notice your bag isn’t repelling water as it should. For more detail on how to rewax your bag, take a look at our rewaxing support sticky.