Brevent is our 22 litre natural fibre backpack for mountain walking and travel. It was inspired by the mountain packs of our childhood idols, but with practical touches that make it handy for day-to-day use too.
It’s made from dry waxed cotton, which is cotton canvas imbued with wax to give it natural water resistance and a supple feel. Waxed cotton is lightweight and incredibly durable, that’s why it’s been used over the centuries for everything from sailcloth to garments for farmers, and why we’ve used to it make mountain daypacks suitable for day-in, day-out use.
Brevent features 2 buckle flap closure, with a drawstring collar that lets you stuff that extra layer in that you thought wouldn’t fit and a zipped pocket in the lid for stuff you need to get to quickly (your head torch, compass, keys…). Two bellow-style side pockets with compression straps are ideal for your swig bottle, and on the inside you’ve got a laptop sleeve which fits a 15 “ laptop.
A soft padded back support makes it really comfortable to carry, with a sternum strap and hip belt that help to distribute the load across your torso.
Brevent is a backpack made to go everywhere with you, share in your adventures, be depended upon and live to tell the tale afterwards. Designed and made by the team here in our UK factory (just outside the Peak District) to be hardwearing and enduring, tension hooks are aluminium, stress-points are bar-tacked and seams bound. We know how important a dependable backpack is, so you’ve also got the reassurance of a 25 year Alpine Bond warranty just in case.
- 22 litre technical waxed cotton backpack for hillwalking and travel.
- Waxed cotton is natural water resistant, durable, lightweight and supple.
- We use dry waxed cotton to reduce transfer of wax onto your clothing.
- Designed and made here in our UK factory to be hardwearing and durable.
- Hip belt, sternum strap and padded back support make it comfortable to carry.
- 2 buckle and flap closure with a drawstring collar so that you can overstuff.
- Zipped pocket with key clip in lid for valuables and stuff you need to get to.
- Bellow-style side pockets with compression straps for your swig bottle.
- Internal sleeve for 15” laptop makes it ideal for day-to-day use too.
- 25 Year Alpine Bond
Capacity: 22 l Weight: 780 g
Outer fabric: 330 denier Dry Waxed cotton Lining: cotton Hardware: Aluminium tension hooks, YKK zip, Duraflex 20 mm chest buckle
Product Care Information
For us, caring for our gear is all part of the adventure. Tyrol is made from dry waxed cotton, which has a higher melting point than regular waxed cotton to reduce transfer onto your clothes (it will still transfer, but at a slower rate). You still need to rewax your bag every so often so that it maintains its water resistance. We recommend rewaxing every 12 months, or if you notice your bag isn’t repelling water as it should. For more detail on how to rewax your bag, take a look at our rewaxing support sticky.