The Zhota is an extremely versatile 3-4 person mountain tent. Every feature on the tent has been designed to make your life in the mountains more pleasurable.
The most striking feature of the Zhota is the central spreader bar which links the 2 diagonal cross poles together. The spreader splits the natural crossing point of these poles increasing the internal headroom of the tent by over 20%. The steep sidewalls rise high above your head before curving nicely into the ceiling giving ample space for 4 or more people to sit in comfort. The bar also transmits loads, both dynamic like the wind or static like snow, throughout and across the entire pole structure of the tent.
Twin porches at each end leave ample space for storing your gear beneath the outer. Pockets along the side walls and hang tabs on the pole junctions give you plenty of options to keep your tent neat and tidy. Multiway zips doors give various zip configurations, helping to ventilate your tent without exposing yourself to the elements... Read more
A light and breathable inner creates an airy living space, with mesh/nylon doors giving you the option for added ventilation if you need it. The hardwearing nylon ripstop outer is bar-tacked at stress points to increase durability, all seams are factory taped.
Why choose DAC poles?
DAC is a South Korean tent pole manufacturer and the world-leader in producing lightweight aluminium alloy tent poles. DAC’s own alloy blend produces a lighter tent pole for the same level of strength as other alloy blends, saving on pack weight without compromising on pole strength or flexibility.
The internal shock cords used by DAC also have a longer life-span and greater resistance to cold weather. DAC is increasing the amounts of recycled materials it uses and has successfully refined a more environmentally process for anodising aluminium.Read less
- 6 pole classic geodesic strong and spacious mountain tent
- Inner pitch first with a stable, free-standing setup
- Geodesic design for a high strength to weight ratio
- Bar-tacked stress points for strength and dependability
- 2 entrances give a more comfortable living space
- 2 spacious porch vestibules for storing boots and rucksacks
- Stash pockets for organising your gear
- Internal hang loops for torch or gloves
- Mesh/nylon doors for venting when you need it
- Fabric retains internal temperature and dries quickly
- Multi-way zip doors offer numerous configurations
- Factory taped seams with TPU tape which increases longevity and resistance to hydrolosis
- Bathtub construction keeps moisture out
- Colour-coded poles make pitching straight-forward
- Siliconised face fabric improves durability, weatherproofing, and condensation build up
- Separate stuff bags for the inner, fly, groundsheet, poles, and pegs makes it easier to share the weight
- Footprint optional
- 3 Year Alpine Bond
Sleeps: 3 - 4
Minimum Weight: 4742g (without footprint/pegs) Total: 5822g Poles: 1782g (standard poles) / 1570g (DAC poles) Pegs: 400g (Candy Canes) Footprint: 680g Flysheet: 1400g Inner: 1560g
Packed size: ⌀23 x 60 cm
Flysheet: 40d Si/PU N6/260t ripstop nylon (HH: 5,000mm) Groundsheet: 70d 210t PU ripstop nylon (HH: 10,000mm) Inner: 20d breathable nylon 7001-T6 Alloy Poles Other: Buckles: Duraflex; Zips: YKK
Author: Matt Bird Read More: here
an excellent tent with many good design features, which means that it should be definitely considered if you are planning to spend time in the mountains