The 3-season Axiom 4 sleeps four people and uses the same high-quality design and materials as our mountain tents to provide a stable and spacious shelter that doesn’t take up your entire boot.
- Self-supporting structure and high-quality materials are stable in bad weather
- Packs smaller and lighter than many tents of its size to free up more car boot space
- Spacious living and sleeping areas with enough space to stand up in
The pole design creates plenty of standing height to get changed, (useful if you’re peeling yourself out of wetsuits or stripping off muddy mountain bike gear), and plenty of room to move around in the tent without feeling like you’re constantly bent over or in danger of falling through a wall.
A spacious living area means there’s lots of space to store your kit and set up your camping furniture for dinner. Plus it’s always nice to know you’ve got a welcome refuge to play cards and board games in if the day/week/month turns out to be a wash-out – a very realistic possibility when camping in the British Isles! The separate sleeping area fits four people, has plenty of storage pockets and comes with an optional dividing curtain for extra privacy.
To increase the Axiom 4 ‘s stability and make it easier to pitch, carry and pack, we’ve used a similar self-supporting structure to many of our backpacking tents. This pole structure (semi-geodesic) is much more stable in strong winds and isn’t reliant on the guy lines to stay standing.
We’ve also used light and durable alloy poles; a lightweight rip-stop polyester flysheet; and the pole and peg attachments are double bar-tacked with anodised metal eyelets. This makes the tent much lighter and drastically reduces its pack size in over-crammed car boots without compromising on durability.
“Because bigger tents have a larger area of fabric, they’re more prone to sagging over time, which reduces rain-run off. We’ve used a lightweight ripstop polyester for the flysheet as polyester has a lower amount of fabric stretch than nylon. This helps the Axiom keep its structure and maintains rainwater run-off over multiple days.” - Rowan, Product Developer
- Self-supporting semi-geodesic pole structure is stable in strong winds and bad weather.
- Ample standing height in the living area and enough space to squeeze in around a camping table
- Separate sleeping area with optional divider for extra privacy and plenty of storage pockets.
- Outer-pitch-first design can be pitched without the inner for a spacious and basic weather shelter.
- TPU windows so you can see what the weather’s doing before braving the elements.
- Side porch for easy gear access and a pitchable door for a covered ‘outside’ area.
- Alloy poles, double bar-tacked webbing ladders and anodised metal eyelets for durability
- TPU taped seams are more resistant to hydrolysis (being broken down by water and damp)
Pitched: 470 x 250 x 180cm (Length x Width x Height)
Packed: 60 x 35 x 30cm
Flysheet: 210T polyester PU ripstop 3,000mm HH
Groundsheet: 150d Oxford PU 10,000mm HH
Inner: 190T breathable polyester, B3 mesh
A: Although Axiom hasn't been designed for single person pitching, it is manageable. Please see the instructions for more info.