Origin balances weight and portability with ample support and protection, so you can save your energy on the walk-in yet still push yourself on the project.
Origin opens to 100 x 134cm. A taco-style fold - with the firmer, landing side on the outside - gives an uninterrupted landing zone with no creases. It uses two layers of foam: 7cm open cell to absorb impact and 4cm closed cell to spread your weight across the pad so you don’t bottom out (hit the ground through your pad). This foam lives in a tough 1100D Cordura shell with a DWR coating, sewn and bar-tacked by Dom and the gang in our UK factory to endure the rocky nature of being a bouldering pad.
Origin has 3 carrying configurations for comfort on even the more scenic walk-ins. The adjustable rucksack straps and waist belt is on the landing side to preserve the life of your foam and can be removed so that they don’t catch when you’re climbing. The rucksack straps double as a shoulder strap for hanging on another pad or boulder hopping. You’ve also got side grab handles for shifting it round... Read more
We fall off things a lot, so we make crash pads that can take a lot of falls. Our foam is cross-linked – a process which bonds molecules in the foam that would not usually link together to make it much stronger and reduce break down from repeated compressions. This makes our foam more shock absorbent and durable than other foams on the market.Read less
- Taco-style boulder pad for boulderers wanting a balance between protection and portability.
- Designed and manufactured in our UK factory (just next door to HQ).
- ‘Reverse taco’ closure leaves you with an uninterrupted flat landing zone.
- 2 layer construction: open cell foam for shock absorption and closed cell foam for distributing your weight to prevent you from ‘bottoming out’.
- 3 carrying configurations: rucksack straps (removable) and waist belt, shoulder strap of grab handles.
- Secure 3 tension hook closure.
- Squared-off corners stop you from getting gaps in your multi-pad landing zone.
- 3 Year Alpine Bond
Outer: 1100 d Cordura, DWR coated Base layer foam: 70 mm HLB22 polyether open cell foam; density: 19 – 23 kg/m3; hardness: 250 – 300 newtons Top layer foam: 40 mm closed cell cross-linked polyethylene foam; density: 25 kg/m3 Hardware: aluminium tension buckles, YKK zips
Weight: 5.4 kg Open size: 100 x 134 x 11 cm
Removable rucksack style shoulder straps and waist belt (landing side). Single shoulder strap attachments. Lateral grab handles.
Product Care Information
Always store your pad flat so that it continues to lie flat when you’re using it and to prolong the life of your foam. To clean your bouldering pad, brush off excess dirt, wipe down with a damp sponge then leave to dry. Our bouldering pads are made to endure. All our foam is protected by a 3 year Alpine bond, all bouldering pad ‘shells’ are protected by a 25 year Alpine bond. If you do want to replace your foam, you can buy new foam directly from us.