The ArcticDream 1400 is a seriously warm sleeping bag for serious adventures. It's been designed for expeditions to extreme cold environments like the high Himalaya and Polar regions.
- Body-mapped vertical baffles and box-wall construction
- Extra insulated snug hood and shaped shoulder baffles
- PFC-free DWR treated outer and DownTek™ water repellent down
The ArcticDream was made to protect you against all but the harshest and coldest of weather conditions, combining portability (low weight and compact pack-size) with incredible warmth to keep you safe and warm in cold and dry environments.
A classic expedition bag, the tapered anatomical cut helps retain warmth and the shaped shoulder baffle and extra-insulated, snug hood further reduce heat lost. The vertical chest and foot baffles use a box wall construction and are body-mapped to stop the down from migrating round your bag, preventing cold spots. We've also packed the foot box with extra insulation to keep your extremities warm - hold onto those toes!
The lightweight nylon outer has been treated with a PFC-free DWR coating and we've used DownTek™ PFC-free Water Repellent Down (RDS-certified). This protects your down from moisture, ensuring you don't lose any vital insulating loft when you need it most.
- Anatomical, tapered mummy-shape improves heat retention in extreme cold
- 750FP down and lightweight nylon fabric to reduce weight and pack-size
- PFC-free DWR treated outer and water repellent down to protect your insulation from moisture
- Extra insulated snug hood and shaped shoulder baffles to reduce heat loss
- Body-mapped vertical baffles and box-wall construction to reduce cold-spots
- Extra insulated foot box to protect your extremities
- Internal pocket for valuables/keeping batteries warm
- Cotton lofting bag for storage and a compression stuff sack
- 3 Year Alpine Bond
AK Sleep Limit: -27°C/-16.6°F
Our recommended usable limit of the bag. The majority of our customers will find this to be the tipping point between a comfortable and restless nights sleep.
|TOG||EN13537 Comfort||EN13537 Limit||EN13537 Extreme*|
*The Extreme rating is the temperature at which the average woman can remain for six hours without risk of DEATH from hypothermia - but can still sustain cold injuries - under EN13537 conditions. We do not recommend using this bag in these weather conditions, or making your purchasing decision based on this value.
Fill: DownTek™ PFC-Free Water Repellent Down, 90/10 Chinese goose down (RDS-certified)
Fill power: IDFB 750
Fill Weight: 1400g
Outer: 20D Ripstop nylon
Inner: 20D nylon
Internal length: 200cm
Internal chest width: 75cm
Zip length: 160cm
Packed size: ⌀27.5 x 43cm
The ArcticDream 1400 uses a PFC-free durable water repellent treatment on its outer fabric and DownTek PFC-Free Water Repellent Down to protect the insulation from moisture. PFCs are potentially harmful chemicals that have been found to build up in the environment.
Ethically Sourced Down
We use only RDS certified down; all our down is audited by a third party to ensure that it comes from birds who are not live-plucked, force-fed, or mistreated. That’s good to know.