Light enough to carry, strong enough to cope, the Kangri carefully balances durability, strength and weight to deliver a structure that will cope with the harsh conditions you may face on your expedition.
Based on the classic 4 pole geodesic structure the Kangri is light enough to provide shelter even at the most remote camps. The 40D Sil Nylon outer is strong enough to provide protection from elements and heavy-handed sherpas!!
When you are high in the mountains you are going to be limited as to the perfect spot to pitch your tent. The Kangris geodesic design creates a large living space with good head-room for a relatively small tent footprint. The free standing nature of the geodesic structure means it doesn't need pegs for its structural integrity opening up sites with marginal peg placements as options. Its strength is gained from the poles crossing at multiple points and we are not afraid to say we have based the Kangri on the original 4 poles concept. Many have tried but we don't feel it can be bettered. The shock loads of the wind and the more static loads of snowfall are distributed more evenly throughout the pole structure and flysheet... Read more
The attention to detail throughout the Alpkit mountain tents is second none to make sure you can spend every second enjoying the mountains. Every detail has been thought about to maximise its designed use. The fabrics are light, yet strong. Every stress point, be it a peg loop, guy point or internal hang tab has been reinforced to withstand repeated loadings. We thought about every detail of this tent so you can maximise your time enjoying the mountains.
Why choose DAC poles?
DAC is a South Korean tent pole manufacturer and the world-leader in producing lightweight aluminium alloy tent poles. DAC’s own alloy blend produces a lighter tent pole for the same level of strength as other alloy blends, saving on pack weight without compromising on pole strength or flexibility.
The internal shock cords used by DAC also have a longer life-span and greater resistance to cold weather. DAC is increasing the amounts of recycled materials it uses and has successfully refined a more environmentally process for anodising aluminium.Read less
- 4 pole classic geodesic strong and spacious mountain tent
- Siliconised face fabric improves durability, weatherproofing and condensation build-up
- Inner pitch first with a stable free-standing setup
- Geodesic design for a high strength to weight ratio
- Bar-tacked stress points for strength and dependability
- 2 entrances give a more comfortable living space
- 2 spacious porch vestibules for storing boots and rucksacks
- Stash pockets for organising your gear
- Two internal hang loops for torch or gloves
- Mesh/nylon doors for venting when you need it
- Fabric retains internal temperature and dries quickly
- Multiway zip doors offer numerous configurations
- Factory taped seams with TPU tape improves longevity and resistance to hydrolysis
- Bathtub construction keeps moisture out
- Colour-coded poles make pitching straight-forward
- Optional footprint and DAC poles upgrade
- Separate stuff sacks for the inner, fly, groundsheet, poles ans pegs to make it easier to share the weight
- 3 Year Alpine Bond
Sleeps: 2 (3 at a squeeze)
Minimum weight: 3250g (without footprint/pegs) Total: 4300g Poles: Alloy 972g (standard poles) /860g (DAC Poles) Pegs: 366g (Candy Canes) Footprint: 501g Flysheet: 1132g Inner: 1154g
Packed size: ⌀19 x 60cm
Flysheet: 40d Si/PU N6/260t ripstop nylon (HH: 5,000mm) Groundsheet: 70d 210t PU ripstop nylon (HH: 10,000mm) Inner: 20d breathable nylon Poles: 4 poles, 7001-T6 Alloy Other: Buckles: Duraflex; Zips: YKK