A complete re-design of our best-selling jacket, the Balance is the ideal waterproof for multi-adventurists. Designed for stretching and straining, moving fast and working hard, it's a waterproof you’ll throw on and leave on – even once the rain’s blown through.
- Stretch fabric moves with you, whatever the activity
- Drop hem, longer sleeves and stowable hood for biking
- Highly breathable fabric with hidden vents for moving fast
The Balance uses a cutting-edge stretch fabric that moves with you, whether reaching for the brakes or the next hand-hold. This fabric allowed us to make the Balance a neater, more active fit for moving quickly in, with a drop hem and longer sleeves to ensure it never rides up... Read more
The hood will fit a climbing helmet should it start bucketing down mid-scramble. But it’s also got a handy stow-away tie if you want it out the way when you’re out on a ride. Hidden ‘stealth vents’ under the arms allow you dump extra heat and moisture when you’re pushing hard and a snap closure on the collar allows you to vent the front zip with the hood up.
The tough nylon and spandex outer is designed for rough use, its in-built stretch reducing the likelihood of snags and tears. And for the backing fabric we’ve used a polyester knit that feels more comfortable against bare skin. This 3-layer material has a hydrostatic head of 20K and a moisture vapour transfer rate of 20K and is treated with a completely PFC-free durable water repellent (DWR).
“We wanted the Balance to be equally as comfortable on the bike as on the north face of Tryfan so the hood is something we spent a lot of time on. We’ve used a design that allows you to easily stow the hood away without taking the jacket off, but it’s also constructed so that the attachment can be easily repaired or removed completely if you decide you won’t use it.” - Ronnie, Design ManagerRead less
- Stretch fabric that moves with you for reaching the handlebars or your next hand-hold
- Active-fit doesn’t flap about, with a drop hem and longer sleeves for cycling and scrambling
- ‘Stealth vents’ under the arms for extra breathability and a collar snap to vent the front zip
- Helmet-compatible hood that can be stowed away easily whilst in use
- Pockets set for easy access when riding or wearing a rucksack hip-belt
- Durable stretch fabric offers increased tear resistance
- 3 Year Alpine Bond
Face fabric: 90% nylon/10% spandex Membrane: PU membrane Backer fabric: Polyester knit backer 20K/20K performance / PFC-free DWR
405g (size M)
Product Care Information
It’s super easy to look after your Balance to maintain its breathability. When water starts soaking into your jacket rather than ‘beading’ in droplets on the surface, it’s time to give it a wash to refresh the durable water repellent (DWR) treatment. Just follow these simple steps:
1) Wash on a gentle cycle at 30°C (make sure your washing machine drawer is completely clean first) or handwash with cold water.
2) Use a technical wash product or pure soap. DO NOT use detergent, fabric conditioners or softeners.
3) Rinse thoroughly and line dry or tumble dry on low heat to reactivate the DWR. You can also use a cool (but never hot) iron.
4) You may need to refresh the DWR treatment about once or twice a year (depending on usage). You can either use a wash-in or spray-on re-proofer. Nikwax and Grangers re-proofers are both PFC-free.
The Balance uses a completely PFC-free DWR treatment on its outer fabric. PFCs are potentially harmful and have been found to build up in the environment. We don't like the sound of that so we're working hard to get rid of them.