The Roundhouse is a luxury two-person bell tent, using sustainable, long-lasting materials. Highly breathable polycotton canvas maintains a comfortable climate of fresh air day and night, staying cool in the heat and warm in the cold.
- Polycotton canvas uses 100% organic cotton
- Breathable cotton lets in fresh air and is almost condensation free
- Polycotton canvas has much higher UV resistance and longevity
Polyester and nylon tents can feel hot and stuffy during the day and cold and clammy in the evenings. Which is fine when they’re a basic shelter between activities. But when camping is the main event - a night under canvas and a chance to get closer to the great outdoors – you want to be as comfortable as possible.
The big advantage of polycotton canvas is that it creates a far nicer internal tent atmosphere for living and sleeping in. Polycotton breathes much more effectively than pure polyester or nylon, significantly reducing condensation and keeping the Roundhouse the perfect climate for living and sleeping in. Thanks to the cotton, it also stays cool in hot weather and traps more heat when then temperature drops.
The central pole structure of the bell tent design provides lots of internal space but is still incredibly sturdy in strong winds or under heavy snow fall. With 2 metres of standing height and a 3 metre diameter, the Roundhouse provides lots of room to lounge, cook or entertain without feeling claustrophobic, and yet it still packs neatly into car boots for a weekend away.
We’re committed to only using cotton from organic or Better Cotton Initiative-certified sources which is we’ve used 100% organic cotton. But we also wanted the Roundhouse to be a tent that’s built to last - not just for one summer. That’s why we selected: a hardwearing polycotton canvas, seamed construction (eliminating dependence on seam taping), strong steel poles and pegs, a durable 400D PU floor and FSC-sourced wooden toggles.
In many ways, poly-cotton canvas is the perfect tent fabric. As well as its unrivaled breathability, polycotton canvas is much more resistant to deterioration by UV rays. This extends the Roundhouse’s lifespan well beyond a nylon or polyester equivalent – up to 4 times longer in fact. - Rowan, Design Tech
Pair the Roundhouse with the Roundhouse Inner for the additional comfort of a separate bedroom compartment.Read less
- Polycotton canvas uses 100% organic cotton and wooded toggles are FSC-certified.
- Polycotton breathes more effectively than nylon or polyester, reducing condensation.
- 3 metre internal diameter and 2 metres of standing height around the central pole.
- Canavas is highly UV-resistant and up to 3x longer-lasting than polyester or nylon.
- Durable materials and construction used throughout to increase the tent’s lifespan.
- Bell tent stucture is exceptionally stable in strong winds and under the weight of snowfall.
- Integrated bath-tub groundsheet provides complete weather protection.
- Side D-shaped mesh and door ports for comfort and accesibility.
- Over-sized stuff bag with compressions traps make packing away easier.
- Separate Inner tent bedroom compartment available.
Canvas: Polycotton 210gsm - 65% polyester / 35% Organic Cotton
Floor: 400 Denier Oxford PU / 10,000mm HH
Pegs and poles: Steel
Toggles and fitments: FSC-certified wood
Pitched: 3m x 2m (diameter x height)
Door height: 1.4m
Slant height: 3m
Volume: 7.1m³ (approx)
Packed: 70 x 35 x 25cm
Product Care Information
Canvas tents always need ‘weathering in’ before their first use or after a prolonged period of storage. This process seals up any spaces in the canvas weave or the stitching and ensures that your tent is completely waterproof. All you have to do is pitch your tent outside in wet weather or give it a thorough soaking with a hose, allowing the tent to dry fully before packing it away.
Polycotton canvas is susceptible to mildew if it's not allowed to completely dry out. You must always ensure that your tent is completely dry before packing it away for a prolonged period of time. We use polycotton canvas in our Roundhouse which is faster drying and more resistant to mildew, but still requires the same care.
We’re committed to only using cotton from organic or Better Cotton Initiative-certified sources which is we’ve used 100% organic cotton for the Roundhouse. As well as being free from harmful fertilisers and pesticides, organic cotton uses significantly less water and produces lower levels of greenhouse gases.
We've specifically chosen materials and construction to increase the Roundhouse's lifespan (e.g. steel poles and pegs, seamed construction, 400D PU floor) and ensure that your tent will last for years.
All wooden toggles and fitments use FSC-certified materials.