This inspiring travel compendium reveals the most exciting secret places in Central England, from forgotten pockets of the busy Midlands, to the iconic landscapes of the Peaks, Cotswolds, Welsh Borders and Lincolnshire coast. Covering Derbyshire, Staffordshire, Nottinghamshire, Leicestershire, Warwickshire, Worcestershire, Shropshire, Herefordshire, Monmouthshire, Gloucestershire, North Oxfordshire, Rutland and Lincolnshire.
New from the award-winning Wild Guide series, with 600 secret adventures and 450 wilder places to eat and sleep. Taking you to places no other guidebook reaches
- Rivers, lakes, waterfalls, beaches and idyllic wild swims
- Easy scrambles, gorges and peaks Sunset hill forts and prehistoric caverns
- Ancient woods, magical meadows and wildlife spectacles Sacred sites, holy wells and standing stones
- Lost ruins and industrial remains
- Best farm shops, micro-breweries and gastropubs
- Wild camping and campfire campsites
- Secluded hideaways, cottages and cabins
Featuring stunning photography, detailed maps and engaging travel writing, this is the perfect guide for wild adventures and ultimate weekend escapes.
- 21 Regions of Central England covered
- Map of each region
- Award winning guide - "Travmedia Guidebook of the Year 2017"
- Stunning photography
About the Authors
Nikki Squires is an avid camper, photographer and English teacher who runs her school’s bushcraft programme. Richard Clifford is a wild swimmer, triathlete, PE teacher and adventure leader. John Webster grew up sea swimming and surfing and now raises his two children on a diet of wild adventures. They all live and work in the Midlands near Leicester and have spent the last decade wild camping, swimming, climbing and exploring Central England.
Size: 210mm x 170mm
Origin: United Kingdom