Streamlined, tough, weather-resistant, and really really light. Oryx is a 35 L minimalist backpack with an off-the-scale capacity for its weight, designed to give you exactly what you need for minimalist alpinism.
Innovative design makes the Oryx as light as 535 g. The backpack features a stripped-back chest and waist straps and back system, without compromising comfort and support in use.
Oryx is available in two back lengths, with removable padding that lets you really shed those last few grams and a low-profile to improve manoeuvrability. Compression straps keep the volume low when you’re carrying less, and Oryx rolls up compactly for when you take it on your travels.
Oryx may be incredibly light, but finishing touches add mountain functionality. The external pocket for maps and guidebooks is designed to not eat up the main compartment, and the interior pouch and key hook are ideal for valuables. Axe loops and a top compression strap provide multiple attachment options, and a no-nonsense roll-down drawcord closure allows for overstuffing to really maximise the space.
On those hero days you need a pack you can trust: highly tear-resistant and waterproof VX07 makes Oryx super hardwearing. Like all our UK-made packs, Oryx is backed up by a 25-year Alpine Bond warranty and custom options are available.
- 35 litre pack for fast and light mountain days
- Made to last in our UK factory
- Drawcord roll-down closure is weatherproof and allows for overstuffing
- Low profile shape for minimalist alpinism
- Simple design for excellent volume-to-weight ratio
- Removable back padding for shedding those last few grams
- Available in two back lengths
- Large external zipped pocket for maps and guides
- Interior zipped valuables pocket and key hook
- External ice axe or walking pole loops
- Front and back handles can be used for hauling with a carabiner
- Rolls up compactly for taking on your jollies as a second pack
Fabric: VX07 Zips: YKK Buckles: Duraflex Bar-tacked stress points
Weight: 535 g Dimensions (HxWxD): 56 x 27 x 16 cm Max Capacity: 35 litres
Fitting guidance: To select the correct back length measure from the top of your hip bone to the top of your shoulder. This should place the waist belt over the middle of your hip bone and provide the most comfort for carrying loads. Select a shorter back length if you prefer to wear your rucksack higher up your back, when climbing for example.
Origin: United Kingdom
Product Care Information
Oryx has a C6 DWR coating which helps it to repel water and dirt. After your mountain epic, give it a wipe with a damp cloth to remove dirt.