Everest base camp, Scottish Winter, and Icelandic exploration… Whatever your adventure, a strong, spacious, and confidence-inspiring home away from home never goes amiss.
Made with the mountains in mind, Heksa is designed to be rock solid in extreme environments.
Heksa is inner pitch first, with a hexagonal geodesic construction to withstand fierce weather conditions. Colour-coded poles make pitching simple; the three vestibule porches can be pegged out and tensioned or docked onto a Kangri. Snow valances offer reinforcement and extra protection when the weather really sets in... Read more
Heksa offers ample room for storing gear comfortably. In addition to three spacious vestibules, internal hanging tabs and mesh stash pockets help to organise your wares and hang torches or gloves. Multiway zips doors give various zip configurations for ventilation, whilst a snow port lets you collect snow to melt without enduring the elements.
A light and breathable inner creates an airy living space, with mesh/nylon doors giving you the option for added ventilation if you need it. The hardwearing nylon ripstop outer is bartacked at stress points to increase durability, all seams are factory taped.
Why choose DAC poles?
DAC is a South Korean tent pole manufacturer and the world-leader in producing lightweight aluminium alloy tent poles. DAC’s own alloy blend produces a lighter tent pole for the same level of strength as other alloy blends, saving on pack weight without compromising on pole strength or flexibility.
The internal shock cords used by DAC also have a longer life-span and greater resistance to cold weather. DAC is increasing the amounts of recycled materials it uses and has successfully refined a more environmentally process for anodising aluminium.Read less
- 9 pole geodesic strong and spacious expedition tent
- Inner pitch first is more stable
- Geodesic design for a high strength to weight ratio
- 3 entrances give a more comfortable living space
- 3 large porch vestibules for storing boots and rucksacks
- Snow valances enhance stability and give protection in harsh environments
- Snow Port for gathering snow to melt, doubles as a doggy dog
- Stash pockets for organising your gear
- Internal hang loops for torch or gloves
- Mesh/nylon doors for venting when you need it
- Fabric retains internal temperature and dries quickly
- Multiway zip doors offer numerous configurations
- Factory taped seams with TPU tape which increases longevity and resistance to hydrolosis
- Bathtub construction keeps moisture out
- Colour-coded poles make pitching straight-forward
- Can be docked onto a Kangri
- Separate stuff sacks for the inner, fly, groundsheet, poles, and pegs makes sharing the weight easier
- Siliconised face fabric improves durability, weatherproofing, and condensation build up
- Optional footprint and DAC poles upgrade
- 3 Year Alpine Bond
Sleeps: 4 - 6
Minimum weight: 9681g (without footprint/poles) Total: 11,352g Fly: 3144g Inner: 2545g Poles: 3992g (standard poles) / 2879g (DAC poles) Pegs: 439g (Candy Canes) Footprint: 1232g
Packed size: 60 x 28 x 28 cm
Flysheet: 40d Si/PU N6/260t ripstop nylon (HH: 5,000mm) Groundsheet: 70d 210t PU R/S nylon (HH: 10,000mm) Inner: 20d breathable nylon Poles: 9 poles, 7001-T6 Alloy Pegs: 26 pegs; Aluminium Other: Buckles: Duraflex; Zips: YKK
Author: UKC Read More: here
Whether you are monitoring school expeditions across the moors of Yorkshire or waiting for your weather window high in the mountains the Heksa makes an ideal partner. It's small pack size and low weight will find it friends on expeditions all over the world