Frazil gloves are designed to protect you from the cold but let you keep your dexterity, ideal for cold, dry and windy environments where you’re less likely to be elbow deep in snow and more likely to be doing some technical mixed climbing.
Frazil are made with stripped back construction and supple and stretchy fabrics for dexterity. Your palm has more natural insulation than the back of your hand, so the Frazil protects the back of your hand with 80 gsm Primaloft Gold insulation whilst the pile lining traps pockets of air to keep your palms toasty and helps retain warmth even when wet. This lets you feel what you’re doing better, making the Frazil gloves superb for technical climbing to winter walking and ski touring.
Articulated, pre-curved fingers and panelling around the thumb give you excellent manoeuvrability for handling ropes, adjusting your rucksack, or slipping your hands in and out of pole loops. The softshell fabric moves with you so that you can grip your tools without feeling restricted by your gloves, and the supple leather palm provides good friction for great grip and reduced muscle fatigue from over-squeezing. Simple hook and loop closure on the short cuff gives a good, snug fit and sits comfortably inside your jacket sleeve... Read more
The crook of the thumb is reinforced for durability and the fingers are leather wrapped to reduce wear on the finger tips.
Frazil features a nose wipe for wiping the sweat off your brow when you get to the crux, and kitty clips and karabiner loops make it harder for you to lose them when you deglove.Read less
- Windproof and weatherproof softshell glove for cold weather protection without sacrificing dexterity.
- Primaloft insulation on the knuckle-side only for excellent dexterity.
- Pile lining traps pockets of air for added insulation and wicks moisture away from the skin to retain warmth when wet.
- Articulated fingers and panelling around the thumb improve dexterity (we can tie our shoelaces with them on).
- Leather palm provides excellent friction for better grip without over-squeezing and less muscle fatigue.
- Reinforced wear points (crook of the thumb) with wrapped leather fingers for durability when using tools and poles.
- Nose wipe patch on thumb for, well, wiping your nose!
- 3 Year Alpine Bond
Weight (each): 70 g
Outer: Softshell (92% polyester, 8% spandex) Insulation: Primaloft Gold, 80 gsm, knuckle-side only Lining: 100% Polyester Pile lining Palm: Goatskin leather
Product Care Information
The better you look after these gloves, the better they’ll look after you! To clean, handwash (no pun intended) in lukewarm water using a mild liquid detergent, allow to air dry. Do not dry on radiators.
|Inches||7 - 7.5||7.5 - 8||8 - 8.5||8.5 - 9|
|Centimetres||17.5 - 19||19 - 20.5||20.5 - 22||22 - 23.5|
1. Measure your dominant hand, not too tight, if your fingers go blue the tape measure is too tight!
2. Measure around your knuckles with your fingers together to find your girth, note down the measurement
3. Measure from the tip of your longest finger to the crease at your wrist to find your length, note down the measurement
4. Take the longest of these 2 measurements and consult the size chart above.
Cycling gloves: if you have chunky fingers or you are at the upper end of your size range consider going up a size. For example if your hand measured 8.5 inches order your Floe gloves in size X-Large.
Author: Dan Bailey Read More: here
Alpkit have pulled off an affordable range that, I think, genuinely compares with pricier alternatives.