The Mantua keeps your sleeping bag clean of skin oils, sweat and accumulated grime when showers are scarce and smells are plentiful. And, because it’s made of silk, it weighs next to nothing - only 108g - saving vital rucksack space.
- Keeps your sleeping bag clean, extending its life
- Super light (108g) and compact, saving rucksack space
- Silk is less odour-catching than cotton for multi-day trips
The Mantua is made from 100% Mulberry Silk. As well as being soft and breathable for sleeping in, it’s easy to wash and dry after a trip – unlike your sleeping bag! Over time, skin oils can work their way into your sleeping bag’s insulation, reducing its warmth-trapping loft. Using a silk liner stops this from happening and can also provide a bit of extra warmth.
Silk is incredibly strong for its weight, allowing you to carry a sleeping bag liner without much of a weight or pack-size penalty. This makes it handy for hostels and Alpine huts too, where sheets aren’t always the most hygienic! It’s also more resistant to odours than cotton, and a great insulator, keeping you warm in the cold and cool in the heat.
The Mantua’s mummy shape shaves off excess fabric weight and is the most thermally efficient shape, slipping neatly inside most sleeping bags. A side slit on the left-hand side makes it easier to clamber into and a lightweight stuff bag is included to bundle it up in afterward
- Silk is incredibly light and packs down small for multi-day backpacks
- Extends the life of your sleeping bag, keeping it clean of skin oils
- Silk is a great insulator keeping you cool in the heat and warm in the cold
- Mummy shape saves weight and is the most thermally efficient
- More resistant to odours than cotton or polycotton liners
- Left-hand side slit opening for getting in and out easily
- Lightweight mesh stuff sack
- 3 Year Alpine Bond
100% Mulberry Silk
220cm x 85cm (tapers to 55cm)
Product Care Information
Wash on delicate cycle at 30°C or handwash with lukewarm water. Use a non-biological detergent or pure soap. DO NOT use fabric conditioners or softeners. Rinse thoroughly in clean water. Line dry and use a cool iron.