Spacious 3 season tent with headroom to sit upright and decent sized vestibules for your stuff, Jaran strikes a great balance between weight, durability and space.
If you are on an uber-light exploration or a prolonged escapade, you will be deliberating your need for lightweight with a need for versatility and durability. Wherever you go and however you travel - by bike, boat or boots- guaranteeing a soporific night’s sleep is somewhat challenging, but we wouldn’t have it any other way!
A diligently designed tent will certainly increase your chances of getting plenty of sleep. The colour-coded webbing on Jaran 2 assists you in setting up quickly without too much fumbling in the dark.
Balancing the benefits of weight versus stability and durability can be a tricky task. Jaran strikes a wonderful balance of 2.3kg total weight yet stability and space is increased by use of a horizontal crossbar.
Jaran 2 utilises a thicker fabric than Ordos which gives it increased durability- ideal for longer trips where it is harder to ensure optimum pitching conditions. On adventurous journeys, you can never perfectly predict the weather. The geometry of Jaran 2 increases its stability in windy conditions and the bathtub floor protects from soggy pitches. Incorporated mesh sections give great ventilation whilst keeping bugs at bay.
Jaran 2 benefits from having two sizable vestibules (126 cm x 72 cm) which after a week or two of tent life, you will be undoubtedly grateful for. In such confined conditions, every inch of space is a blessing for storing mucky boots and hoards of kit- or even just to get a little breathing space from your companion! Having two entrances saves having to climb (or be climbed over) every time you or your companion want to exit/ enter the tent.
Why choose DAC poles?
DAC is a South Korean tent pole manufacturer and the world-leader in producing lightweight aluminium alloy tent poles. DAC’s own alloy blend produces a lighter tent pole for the same level of strength as other alloy blends, saving on pack weight without compromising on pole strength or flexibility.
The internal shock cords used by DAC also have a longer life-span and greater resistance to cold weather. DAC is increasing the amounts of recycled materials it uses and has successfully refined a more environmentally process for anodising aluminium.
- Semi-geodesic 3 pole lightweight freestanding backpacking tent
- Freestanding setup; pitches with 6 pegs, supplied with 10
- Single hub design for quick and easy setup
- Crossbar stabilises against the wind and enhances liveable space
- 2 entrances give a more comfortable living space
- 2 spacious porch vestibules (126 x 76 cm) for storing boots and rucksacks
- Mesh and polyester panelling on inner for ventilation, warmth and privacy
- Stash pockets for organising your gear
- Two internal hang loops for torch or gloves
- Factory-taped seams using waterproof, solvent-free polyurethane tape (PVC & VOC free)
- Bathtub construction keeps moisture out
- Reflective guy points for stability and visibility
- Colour-coded webbing makes pitching straight-forward
- Pole system with press fit connectors, lightweight hubs and eco-friendly anodizing
- Optional footprint protects the groundsheet and extends to the porch
- 3 Year Alpine Bond
Minimum weight: 2000g (without footprint/pegs) Total weight: 2300g Poles: 530g (standard) / 400g (DAC poles) Pegs: 123g Footprint: 250g Flysheet: 760g Inner: 680g
Packed size: ø15 x 42 cm
Flysheet: 40d Nylon PU/PU ripstop 2,000mm HH Groundsheet: 40d Nylon PU/PU ripstop 3,000mm HH Inner: 15d nylon ripstop / mesh: 20d nylon breathable Poles: 7001-T6 / upgradeable to DAC NSL Green
Author: Jessica Strange Read More: here
Filoment jacket which surprised me on how warm and comfy it is, and stylish!
Author: Graham Thompson
Once again Alpkit has shredded the rulebook regarding good value, as the design, spec and performance outweigh the price tag. 5/5