The Fuel Pod sits on your top tube for extra on-bike storage and easy access mid-ride. The optional Cradle system keeps your bag stable and allows you to quickly detach your Fuel Pod to take valuables with you.
- Detaches quickly and easily from Cradle at pit stops
- Highly water-resistant due to waterproof materials
- Front-facing cable port for light batteries/charging
With 1L and 1.5L size options, the Fuel Pod is a lightweight and secure way of carrying snacks, valuables and batteries on your ride when your jersey pockets are bulging. The sides are foam padded to reduce rattling and a front-facing cable port for bike light batteries or charging your powerpacks/devices by dynamo. The Fuel Pod sides are foam padded to protect your valuables and reduce rattling.
The innovative Cradle system holds the Fuel Pod in place like a rigid but wholly inedible taco shell. This provides extra support when riding off-road and allows you to attach and reattach your Fuel Pod with minimal faff – faff is the bikepacker’s nemesis! The Fuel Pod lifts straight out while the Cradle stays securely strapped to your bike – ideal for taking your valuables with you at short pit stops. The Fuel Pods can also be attached separately using the included velcro straps to save on weight.
The Fuel Pod and Cradle are designed to last, ride after ride, with hardwearing materials and all stress points reinforced using bar tack stitching. The Cradle is made from super abrasion resistant 1100D Cordura® and the Fuel Pods are made from lightweight and exceptionally tough VX21 fabric, with 500D Cordura® along the spine.
With fully waterproof outer materials and YKK Aquaguard zips, the Fuel Pod is highly water-resistant, protecting your stuff in bad weather. The stitching isn’t seam-taped though, so we’d always recommend wrapping any electronics in a dry bag – especially if the forecast is bleak!
Handmade and designed in Nottinghamshire by our talented factory team, the Fuel Pod and Cradle both come with a 25-year Alpine Bond.
- Sits at the front of your top tube for easy access when riding
- Cradle system makes it easier to detach and reattach your bag at pit stops
- Rigid cradle supports your Fuel Pod for extra stability off-road
- Abrasion and tear resistant materials with a reinforced construction for durability
- Highly water-resistant with waterproof fabrics and a YKK Aquaguard zip
- Concealed front-facing cable port for battery/dynamo cables
- Fuel Pod can be attached separately with loops for Velcro straps
- Foam-lined at the bag’s sides to protect contents
- Minimalist design for significant weight savings
- 25 Year Alpine Bond
Fuel Pod Exterior: VX21 210D nylon laminate, 500D Cordura® nylon, Hypalon
Fuel Pod Lining: 222D nylon with PU coat
Cradle: 1100D Cordura® nylon, pre-folded polypropylene
Size: 22: 22cm x 11cm x 6 cm, 25: 25 x 13 x 6 cm
Capacity: 22: 1L, 25: 1.5L
Fuel Pod: 22: 83g, 25: 97g
Origin: United Kingdom
Product Care Information
The Fuel Pod has a DWR coating which helps it to repel water and dirt. After your ride, wipe down your bag with a damp cloth to remove dirt or use mild soap on more stubborn muck. Leave to air dry.
Fuel Pod Top Tube Bag Size Guide
|22||1 litre||22 x 11 x 6cm|
|25||1.5 litres||25 x 13 x 6 cm|