As your schemes get more ambitious, your destinations further-flung, and your adventures more remote, having the essentials like clean water covered is, well, essential.
Hippo is an ultra-light, palm-sized water filtration system that can be used in-line with a hydration pack, on a 28 mm standard disposable water bottle, or direct from a fresh water source. With a swift 1 litre/minute flow rate, it’s ace for camping, trekking, bikepacking, running, adventure travel, or keeping in your pack in case of emergencies.
Hippo uses a hollow fibre membrane to filter bacteria and protozoa out of fresh water, which means no chemicals are used. This works by drawing water into the hollow core of the tubes, leaving bacteria and protozoa trapped on the outside. This method of filtration maintains a higher flow than others and requires les cleaning, so although you can easily clean the Hippo in the field, most likely you won’t have to.
You can easily clean the Hippo by backwashing the filter. 28 mm thread on both ends of the device make it easy to backwash with a disposable water bottle. A month indicator on one end helps you keep track of your filter’s life, and the transparent window lets you inspect the filter for yourself.
The Hippo water filtration system includes:
Hippo mini filter,
a 1 litre hydration pouch,
a drinking straw
- Ultra-light mini inline water filter for making fresh water sources potable.
- Lifespan: filters up to 3000 litres from any fresh water source.
- Quick flow rate at up to 1 litre/minute.
- Removes 99.9999% waterborne bacteria (E.Coli, Salmonella, Cholera) and 99.99% of protozoa (Giardia, Cryptosporidium).
- Easy to setup with a hydration pack, 28 mm standard water bottle, or direct from a fresh water resource.
- Hollow fibre membrane filters without chemicals, maintains a high flow rate and requires less cleaning than others.
- Dual-ended threads for easy backwash cleaning.
- Transparent inspection window lets you keep an eye on your filter.
- Included in pack: Hippo mini filter, 1 litre hydration pouch, drinking straw.
Filtration pore size: 0.1 micron Water flow: 1 L / min (approx.) Lifespan: up to 3000 L (dependent on quality of water) Mini water filter
Weight: 58 g Dimensions: ø 4 x 15 cm