Creeping up frozen windslab, hand firmly planted on the head of your ice axe; clinging onto brake levers and squinting through the drizzle on frostbitten winter rides...
Glove or mitt? Either would work fine at a... pinch. But why not split the difference? The Vulcan mitt offers a higher level of warmth at a lower level of bulk than a four-fingered glove, without sacrificing any of that vital dexterity.
True mastery of the mitten requires years of dedicated study and nimble-fingered gloves can be on the nippy side in colder conditions. A ‘lobster claw’ design reduces the number of seams and cold spots, doubling up on digit warmth whilst still providing the deftness required to adjust straps, tighten ski-boots and cycle through the gears.
A waterproof membrane and windproof softshell outer guard against immobile, swollen fingers in the cold and wet, and the bemberg lining wicks away any clamminess. Elastic wrist closures and velcro adjusters keep out the drafts and spin-drift.
The pre-curved shape and goatskin leather palms allow you to grip onto ice-axes, poles and your lunch tighter than even the most covetous of crustaceans.
- Split mitten design preserves dexterity while increasing warmth by reducing seams and cold spots and sharing digit warmth
- A PU waterproof membrane and windproof softshell outer ensure your hands stay warm and dry in wet and windy weather
- Precurved fingers and thumbs and a goatskin leather palm for excellent grip
- Elasticated opening with velcro adjustor for a secure closure
- 3 Year Alpine Bond
Outer: 82% Polyester, 8% Spandex Lining: 100% Polyester, brushed Palm: 0.7 mm Goatskin Leather Waterproof insert: PU Membrane
95 g (medium pair)
|Inches||7 - 7.5||7.5 - 8||8 - 8.5||8.5 - 9|
|Centimetres||17.5 - 19||19 - 20.5||20.5 - 22||22 - 23.5|
1. Measure your dominant hand, not too tight, if your fingers go blue the tape measure is too tight!
2. Measure around your knuckles with your fingers together to find your girth, note down the measurement
3. Measure from the tip of your longest finger to the crease at your wrist to find your length, note down the measurement
4. Take the longest of these 2 measurements and consult the size chart above.
Cycling gloves: if you have chunky fingers or you are at the upper end of your size range consider going up a size. For example if your hand measured 8.5 inches order your Floe gloves in size X-Large.