Orion 40 is an alpine sports pack for UK mountain crags, Scottish winter mountaineering and Alpine multi-day adventures.
Lightweight and durable with a 40-litre capacity, it’s spacious low profile design, lets you carry exactly what you need to the crag and climb unhampered too. A wide drawcord closure with extension collar makes it easy for you to pack and unpack, whilst the extendable top lid, with zipped pockets on the inside and outside, makes the Orion weatherproof and allows for overstuffing.
Its foam back system, hip belt and shoulder strap system give all the support you need for those heavier loads. The internal stiffener has plenty of structure for load-bearing, whilst the padded back support is really comfortable and sheds snow easily so that you don’t get a wet back after picking your bag up off the floor. The shoulder straps are comfortably padded without being bulky, so they rest comfortably on your shoulders when you’re lugging your entire rack around... Read more
When you empty out your gear and start up the route, Orion gives you the freedom to climb unhindered. Cinch in the backpack with the compression straps; clip the hip belt behind your bag and out of the way, and tension the repositionable sternum strap to keep your shoulder straps in place. Gear loops on the hip belt can be called upon if your harness loops reach maximum capacity, and haul loops make the Orion even more manoeuvrable. Its 3 litre bladder sleeve and waterport allows for hydration on the go.
At 910 grams Orion is light for its strength and capacity, with thoughtful features to add functionality. Anodised aluminium ice axe retainers and a central pickguard keep your axes securely in place when you’re not using them. The compression straps are buckled - handy for when you want to pack a rope on the outside - and daisy chain webbing gives you a bit of extra capacity. Stretch side pockets are ideal for stashing your hat and gloves when you overheat on the walk-in, whilst the internal hydration sleeve and port help you to stay hydrated. Orion has a DWR coating to give your stuff a bit of protection from those unexpected showers.Read less
- 40 litre backpack for climbing and winter mountaineering, designed to be light and tough
- Closure: Top loading main compartment with single pull drawstring and compression strap; extendable top lid with twin buckles keeps out the elements and lets you overstuff
- Back system: smooth snow shedding padded back panel, internal stiffener for load bearing
- Harness: padded shoulder straps for load bearing comfort; strap adjustors for supporting heavier loads; hinged hip belt can be clipped out of the way when climbing
- Gear loops on the hip belts for additional attachments, haul loops on the front and back
- Anodised aluminium ice axe retainers and central pick guard keep your axes safe when not in use
- Hydration sleeve, hanging clip mean you don’t need to stop moving to take a drink
- Daisy chain webbing for additional attachment options; zipped pockets on the top and bottom of the lid are ideal for valuables
- 3 Year Alpine Bond
Main fabric: 420D Nylon Ripstop with PU coating (1500 mm) Base Reinforcement: 840D Nylon Compression strap buckles: Duraflex DWR C6
Capacity: 40 L (including 4 L lid) Weight: 910 g Dimensions (HWD - fully packed): 64 x 29 x 24 cm Hydration sleeve fits 3 L bladder