Compact enough to fit in a car boot yet thick enough to create a reassuringly protected landing zone, Mujo is the perfect full pad for boulderers who want good quality foam, bombproof construction and functional design without the frills.
Mujo has 3 carrying configurations. The comfy adjustable rucksack straps and waist belt can be removed so that they don’t catch or get muddy when you’re climbing, and the rucksack strap doubles up as a shoulder strap for hanging on another pad or boulder hopping. You’ve also got side grab handles.
Mujo measures 100 x 132cm, with a hinge closure that can be folded round objects and large rocks. It contains two layers of foam: 7cm open cell to absorb impact, and 4cm closed cell to spread your weight across the pad so you don’t bottom out (compress your pad all the way to the ground). This foam lives in a tough 1100D Cordura shell with a DWR coating, sewn and bar-tacked by Dom and the gang in our UK factory to endure the abrasive nature of being a bouldering pad.
We fall off things a lot, so we make crash pads that can take a lot of falls. Our foam is crosslinked – a process which bonds molecules in the foam that would not usually link together to make it much stronger and reduce break down from repeated compressions. This makes our foam more shock absorbent and durable than other foams on the market.
- Hinge-style mid-sized bouldering pad with removable rucksack-style carry system.
- Designed and manufactured in our UK factory (just next door to HQ).
- Hinge closure can be folded around sharp objects and rocks and slows foam degradation for increased durability.
- 2 layer construction: open cell foam for shock absorption and closed cell foam for distributing your weight to prevent you from ‘bottoming out’.
- 3 carrying configurations: rucksack straps (removable) and waist belt, shoulder strap of grab handles.
- Grab handles on 3 sides help with spotting and boulder hopping.
- Secure 3 tension hook closure.
- Squared-off corners stop you from getting gaps in your multi-pad landing zone.
- 3 Year Alpine Bond
Outer: 1100 d Cordura, DWR coated
Base layer foam: 70mm HLB22 polyether open cell foam; density: 19 – 23 kg/m3
Top layer foam: 40mm closed cell cross-linked polyethylene foam; density: 25 kg/m3
Hardware: aluminium tension buckles, YKK zips
Open size: 100 x 132 x 11cm
Closed size: 100 x 66 x 22cm
Removable rucksack style shoulder straps, waist belt
Single shoulder strap attachments
Lateral grab handles
Product Care Information
To clean your bouldering pad, brush off excess dirt, wipe down with a damp sponge then leave to dry. Our bouldering pads are made to endure. All our foam is protected by a 3 year Alpine bond, all bouldering pad ‘shells’ are protected by a 25 year Alpine bond. If you do want to replace your foam, you can buy new foam directly from us.
Author: Rob Greenwood Read More: here
Whilst the debate between taco vs. hinge is undoubtedly a personal one, the Origin tends to be the pad we reach for first as we think it's the best all-rounder.