What to Expect:
This ride is ideal for an easy few hour’s relaxed riding on tracks and trails, linked by quiet country lanes. The route gives a taste of the beauty of the Peak District and Derbyshire. The exact route will depend on the groups abilities on the day, and hills can be kept to a minimum.
- Varying terrain and fantastic scenery
- Off road as much as possible, with road sections sticking to quieter lanes
- Expert guiding and leadership
- Riding advice on technique, kit and bike set up.
What to Bring:
- A suitable gravel or hybrid bike (in good working order, if your bike is unsuitable you will not be permitted to ride. Unsuitable for road bikes)
- A helmet
- A spare inner tube, tyre levers and pump to fit your own bike (provided with hire bikes)
- The right clothes to cover all weathers (weather conditions can change quickly so don’t forget your waterproof)
- Snacks and a drink
Minimum Age: 16 (under 18s must be accompanied by a paying adult)
Course Provider: TPeak Cycling UK
Student / Instructor Ratio:11:1
Start/Finish: Thornbridge Outdoors
Transport: None required
Meeting Times & Logistics:
Please meet at the School of Adventure Meeting Point at least 10 minutes before the course starting time to meet your instructor and get your bike checked over.
Frequently Asked Questions
If you require more information about the course or the Big Shakeout Festival, please get in touch.
No. You must have a valid Big Shakeout weekend ticket to participate in any School of Adventure Activities. Any orders for activities without a Big Shakeout weekend ticket will be cancelled and refunded.
The Big Shakeout Festival and all courses will operate in line with the latest government restrictions. If the festival or a course cannot be run due to Covid restrictions, full refunds will be issued.
We will do everything we can to make sure your chosen activity goes ahead, however in some circumstances a course may have to be cancelled due to weather or lack of numbers. In these cases we will either offer you a place on an alternative activity or refund.
You will receive an email confirmation with an order reference number upon completing your order. Your order number is your unique reference number, bring it along with you and present it at along with your name at the School of Adventure Meeting Point.
The Alpkit Foundation's School of Adventure has a packed programme, full of specialist courses with qualified instructors to either introduce you to new adventures or improve your skills.