The Balance is the ideal waterproof for multi-adventurists. Alpine cut and highly breathable, designed for moving fast and working hard, it's a waterproof you’ll throw on and leave on – even once the rain’s blown through.
- Streamlined alpine cut for high intensity activities
- Multi-activity fit for climbing, scrambling, biking and hiking
- Breathable stretch fabric for all day comfort
The Balance uses a cutting-edge stretch fabric that moves with you, whether reaching for the brakes or the next hand-hold. This fabric allowed us to make the Balance a neater, more active fit for moving quickly in, with a drop hem and longer sleeves to ensure it never rides up.
The hood will fit a climbing helmet should it start bucketing down mid-scramble. But it’s also got a handy stow-away tie if you want it out the way when you’re out on a ride. And a snap closure on the collar allows you to dump extra heat and moisture through the front of your jacket without it flapping about.
The tough nylon and spandex outer is designed for rough use, its in-built stretch reducing the likelihood of snags and tears. And for the backing fabric we’ve used a polyester knit that feels more comfortable against bare skin. This 3-layer material has a hydrostatic head of 20K and a moisture vapour transfer rate of 20K and is treated with a completely PFC-free durable water repellent (DWR).
"We wanted the Balance to be equally as comfortable on the bike as on the north face of Tryfan so the hood is something we spent a lot of time on. We’ve used a design that allows you to easily stow the hood away without taking the jacket off, but it’s also constructed so that the attachment can be easily repaired or removed completely if you decide you won’t use it." - Ronnie, Design Manager
- Stretch fabric that moves with you for reaching the handlebars or your next hand-hold
- Streamlined alpine cut for high intensity, high movement activities and wearing over fewer layers
- Multi-activity fit with a drop hem and longer cuffs for climbing, scrambling and biking
- Neat collar snap to fully vent the front zip without the jacket flapping
- Helmet-compatible hood that can be stowed away easily whilst in use
- Pockets set for easy access when riding or wearing a rucksack hip-belt
- Durable stretch fabric offers increased tear resistance
- 3 Year Alpine Bond
Hydrostatic Head: 20,000mm
MVTR: 20,000 g/sqm/24 hrs
Outer Fabric: 90% nylon/10% spandex
Membrane: PU membrane
Inner fabric: Polyester knit backer
DWR: PFC Free
Sustainability and Product Care
Product Care Information
It’s super easy to look after your Balance to maintain its breathability. When water starts soaking into your jacket rather than ‘beading’ in droplets on the surface, it’s time to give it a wash to refresh the durable water repellent (DWR) treatment. Just follow these simple steps:
1) Wash on a gentle cycle at 30°C (make sure your washing machine drawer is completely clean first) or handwash with cold water.
2) Use a technical wash product or pure soap. DO NOT use detergent, fabric conditioners or softeners.
3) Rinse thoroughly and line dry or tumble dry on low heat to reactivate the DWR. You can also use a cool (but never hot) iron.
4) You may need to refresh the DWR treatment about once or twice a year (depending on usage). You can either use a wash-in or spray-on re-proofer. Nikwax and Grangers re-proofers are both PFC-free.
We have dedicated Repair Stations in our stores and we're fully equipped to breathe new life into your old kit. This includes spare parts, patches, new zips and wash and reproofing of your down and waterproofs. Pop into any store or contact us online for more info.
If one of our products does not meet your expectations upon delivery, or if during its lifetime does not live up to the demands placed upon it, please return it to us for repair, replacement or refund. If the problem is our fault then we will do this to your satisfaction. If it’s your fault then we will help out the best we can. Find out more about our Alpine Bond here.
The Balance uses a completely PFC-free DWR treatment on its outer fabric. PFCs are potentially harmful and have been found to build up in the environment. We don't like the sound of that so we're working hard to get rid of them.
Standard delivery to UK addresses is free over £50.
Next Day deliveries will be shipped same day if you place your order before 2pm Monday - Friday.
If you are not happy or have changed your mind, you can return your unused product within 123 days of placing the order for a refund.
Simply return it to us, free of charge, with all the original packaging.