Modern Slavery Statement (regular page)
We’re against all forms of modern slavery and human trafficking. They have no place in our business. And that goes for those businesses and people who work with us or on our behalf too, wherever they are in the world.
Combat modern slavery
We’re privileged to work with some of the best factories in the world. Because our factories and mills are based around the world, we take our resposnbility seriously towards those involved, both directly and indirectly.
We are committed to eliminating all forms of modern slavery and human trafficking and do not tolerate it in our business and supply chain:
- We only work with people who choose to work freely, who have rights to equal opportunity, freedom of association and collective bargaining
- We talk to experts and listen to those directly affected to increase our understanding of modern slavery and human trafficking
- We work closely with our suppliers and mills to uphold our standards and to reduce the risk of modern slavery
- We explicitly prohibit buying any goods or services from countries or regions where forced labour is known to be prevalent.
What we’ve done
- Introduced a supplier code of conduct which all direct suppliers must sign, to confirm their ethical undertaking is in line with that of Alpkit. If suppliers fail to comply, we will act on best practice guidance, requiring our supplier to immediately begin remedial action, or exiting the supplier relationship.
- Established and assessed areas of potential risk in our business and supply chains. The biggest single risk is modern slavery in the cotton industry. We only source certified Organic Fair Trade or certified Better Cotton Initiative cotton.
- Ongoing program to monitor potential risk areas in our business and supply chains
- Established protection for whistle blowers with our confidential reporting policy
- Established assessments to evaluate our suppliers from a social impact and environmental perspective and mitigate risks. This is an ongoing program of activity.