Head of E-Commerce APPLY NOW
We are looking for a Head of E-commerce to grow our UK and international e-commerce business through enabling effortless customer experience and building brand loyalty, engagement and sales.
Position in Alpkit
The role is part of our senior leadership team and reports into our Marketing & Digital Growth Director
Key Areas & Tasks
- Lead and develop our E-commerce Team: making sure we're doing things the right things and doing them right with documented guidelines and procedures. Lead by example in your actions and behaviours to embed Alpkits Values and Vision.
- Engage and enthuse the rest of the broader Alpkit senior leadership team.
- Be a great manager to the team: be clear about expectations, say thank you when its done, share company information, give feedback and make sure team has resources, tools and training to do the job and develop their careers.
- Recruit new customers and re-recruit existing customers through brand loyalty, engagement and sales. Identify and execute customer experience improvements.
- Develop, prioritise and execute plans and roadmaps for an effortless customer experience and process of continuous improvement across all our websites including international websites.
- Trade our Alpkit.com websites to ensure our products, collection pages, events, store pages, checkout and supporting web content communicate our brand promise in terms of content, photography and videography
- Develop, prioritise and execute our CRM including emails to our customers and prospects.
- Reporting of online performance to the broader team against key performance indicators including traffic, email performance, conversion rate, average spend, bounce rate, abandoned baskets and checkout completion.
- Work closely with other members of the marketing team including web development, marketing and creative plans
- Contribute to our journey to a world-class sustainability record including communication of our sustainability performance through our product performance, taking volunteer days and delivering on team sustainability objectives.
About you - Attributes
- A hunger to achieve at Alpkit
- Comfortable in figuring it out but wanting to build systems and processes.
- Inherently dissatisfied with and frustrated by the corporate world
- Energy giver and will drive growth - a practical do-er who’ll work at pace.
- Collaborative - down to earth style and wants to bring people together - open to sharing knowledge with humility to learn.
- A good role model. Honest and sincere. Someone the team will admire Able to conduct the orchestra but also play the tune themselves.
- Expert in e-commerce, ideally in the outdoor industry, cycling industry or within consumer goods
- Knowledge of consumer brands and multi channel retailing
- Active interest in the outdoor/sports markets and retailers, and/or travel, bike and lifestyle
- Direct-To-Customer CRM, website, digital and social media experience within a fast growth environment
- Understanding the marketing tools of the trade including, PR, written communication, website development, market research, Microsoft software suite of products, visual communication software products and creative services
- Confident foundations - strength in e-commerce
- High career potential –ambition to succeed
- Changemaker - proven exposure to leading change in a fast-paced environment
- Customer focus - puts the customer at the heart of all we do
- People manager - can lead and develop teams as a mentor and a manager
- Strategic achiever - can zoom in and out from the big picture to micro detail in a moment
- Senior operator – ready to join Alpkit senior leadership team.
- A love of the outdoors and fitness and belief in the essential role that natural world has to play in physical and mental well being
- Believes that business decisions must consider the impact on staff, customers, environment, suppliers, local communities as well as shareholders
- Identify with Aktivism - our written values.
How to apply
- If you want to be considered for the position, please contact Charlotte Ayrton (07748 632 458), email@example.com
- Equal opportunities and inclusivity statement
- Alpkit is keen to address areas of under-representation throughout the sport and particularly welcomes applications for women in leadership roles, from ethnically diverse communities, disabled people, individuals under 30 years old and people from the LGBTQIA+ community.