The Big Shakeout
A Non-Profit, Zero to Landfill Festival
The Big Shakeout grew from our love of the outdoors. And we have a passion for making our outdoor spaces accessible to everyone. So all proceeds from the Big Shakeout go to the Alpkit Foundation to help make this a reality.
All our waste and rubbish is handled by Peak Waste Recylcing with zero going to landfill. All waste gets hand sorted after the event at their own Material Recycling Facility.
Please make full use of the bins and skips provided on the Big Shakeout site to ensure as much as possible gets recycled.
Big Shakeout weekend is great fun, but there are a few rules we ask everyone to abide by so that everyone can enjoy themselves safely.
- Sorry no pets.
- No fires, but BBQs are allowed if raised from the ground and used outside your tent.
- Noise to be kept to a minimum after 10pm in the quiet and family areas.
Join us at Big Shakeout for our annual end of summer party!Book Now
The Big Shakeout will operate in line with the latest government restrictions.
You will receive an email confirmation with an order reference number upon completing your order. Your order number is your unique reference number, bring it along with you and present it at registration. You will need your order reference number to register on arrival.
There are no dedicated disabled weekend activity tickets, however some activities may be suitable with additional instruction. Please contact us with your requirements to see how we can tailor the experiences accordingly.
Sorry no. Pets are not allowed on site.
We do not reserve tickets for group bookings. Everyone in your group needs to register and purchase tickets in the same way as anybody else buying tickets.
This is a weekend event, no day or evening tickets are available for purchase.
We cannot give refunds unless the event is cancelled or substantially altered. Tickets cannot be transferred to another name.
No. You must have a valid Big Shakeout weekend ticket to participate in any School of Adventure Activities. Any orders for activities without a Big Shakeout weekend ticket will be cancelled and refunded.
We will do everything we can to make sure your chosen activity goes ahead, however in some circumstances a course may have to be cancelled due to weather or lack of numbers. In these cases we will either offer you a place on an alternative activity or refund.
Tickets will be available for on-site parking. If you are in a campervan, please buy a campervan ticket for the Big Shakeout festival, there will be a designated campervan space available for you. If the ground is unsuitable due to conditions, parking will be along the public road.
Under 18 year olds must be accompanied by a ticket-holding adult. Proof of age / photo ID may be required for entry.
Explore the Peak District through guided runs and improve your technique.View Running Activities
Learn new skills. Find bikepacking. Take a two wheeled tour of the local trails.View Bike Activities
Paddle & Swim
From crafting your own wooden paddle to getting out on the water.View Water Activities
Wellbeing & Adventure
Take on the Binerflon, try your hand at Printmaking or learn to navigate.Adventure
Terms & Conditions
1. No pets on site.
2. The artist and performer line-up and all billed attractions may be subject to change at any time without notice.
3. Alpkit/Thornbridge Outdoors reserves the right to refuse admission in any circumstances, to provide security, safety and comfort of all guests. They may refuse entry to ticket holders who attempt to enter the site with prohibited items.
4. Prohibited items include, but are not restricted to: Glass Bottles, Animals, BBQs/Naked Flames, Drugs/Illegal Substances, Guns, Crossbows, Generators, Fireworks, Chinese/Flying Lanterns, Flares
5. Activities at the Big Shakeout may be photographed and/or filmed over the course of the weekend to be used for marketing by Alpkit and Thornbridge Outdoors. By participating you consent to the publication of this material with no compensation for such use.
6. Admission is at the ticket holder’s own risk. Alpkit and Thornbridge Outdoors will not be held liable for any loss, injuries or damages sustained at the event, including damage, theft or losses to property and motor vehicles, if the cause is due to the negligence of the Ticket Holder or the actions of other patrons or third parties.