A teacher who dreams of adventure and running mountains, I set out and completed the iconic Land’s End to John O’Groats (barefoot and unsupported), told students that they should embrace challenge and take risks in learning whilst working in a secure job with a comfortable and risk free lifestyle. The hypocrisy seemed to hit home when I ran LeJog, carrying what I needed in a small backpack. In August of 2016 I chose a backpack and some sandals over a secure life with a good income. I chose to go alone instead of with friends and now I’m seeing what will happen when we chose adventure and challenge over the ordinary, secure life.
The Number Crunch: 5km - check. Half marathon - check. 50 km - check. Lands End to John O’Groats, 1162 miles, 38 days - check. Europe North to South, 6182km 196 days.
- 3 amazing and very different traverses of the Cuillin ridge on Skye.
- Ticking off a long list of classic alpine routes.
- Racing the Strathpuffer 24 hour mountain bike endurance event.
- Riding Skiddaw, Helvellyn and High Street in a day.
- Soloing Point 5 gully, Ben Nevis.
- Dirt bagging around the western States and climbing loads of wild routes.
- Skiing the Wildspitze, Otztal Alps, Austria.
- Riding Lands End – John O’Groats 3 times in a summer.
- Racing the Scottish mountain bike Enduro Series.
- Running the Welsh 3000’s.