The Orion is a lightweight and durable 45 litre mountaineering backpack. It's designed for carrying heavy racks into remote crags, Scottish winter mountaineering and Alpine multi-day epics.
- Lightweight, durable design without any unnecessary features
- Well-cushioned back panel, straps and hip belt for carrying heavy kit
- Ice axe attachment points, gear loops, haul points and a hinged hip belt
The Orion's padded back, hip belt and shoulder straps, combined with a stiffened back panel, provides all the support you need for carrying heavy climbing racks or winter mountaineering kit. There are also load adjustors for bringing the weight closer to your body on exposed sections. The padded back support sheds snow easily so you don’t get a wet back after picking your bag up off the floor...Read more
At 990g the Orion is light for its strength and capacity, with thoughtful features to add functionality. Anodised aluminium ice axe retainers and a central pickguard keep your axes securely in place when you’re not using them. The side compression straps are also buckled - handy for when you want to pack a rope on the outside - and daisy chain webbing gives you a bit of extra capacity. Gear loops on the hip belt can be called upon if your harness loops reach maximum capacity, and haul loops make the Orion even more manoeuvrable.
When you empty out your gear and start up the route, Orion gives you the freedom to climb unhindered. The extendable top lid can be pulled down, the side compression straps can be cinched in and the hinged hipbelt can be clipped around the rear of the pack.
A wide drawcord closure with extension collar makes it easy for you to pack and unpack and stretch side pockets are ideal for stashing your hat and gloves when you overheat on the walk-in. There's are zipped pockets on top and underneath the lid and an internal hydration sleeve and port in the main compartment will fit a 3L water bladder. The Orion has a PFC-free DWR coating for extra protection from showers and snowfall.Read less
- Cushioned back, straps and hip belt with stiffened back panel to carry heavy loads in comfort
- Anodised aluminium ice axe retainers and central pick guard for carrying axes safely
- Hinged hip belt can be clipped out of the way when climbing
- Load adjustors for pulling weight closer to your body on steep/vertical sections
- Smooth back panel sheds snow to keep your back dry in winter
- Gear loops on the hip belts and haul loops on the front and back
- Top loading main compartment with drawstring is easy to pack
- Extendable top lid and side compression straps provide packing flexibility
- Two zipped pockets on top and underneath the lid
- Hydration sleeve, hanging clip and shoulder port for carrying water bladders (up to 3L)
Main fabric: 420d nylon 66 ripstop with PU coating (1500mm hydrostatic head)
Base: 840D nylon reinforcement
PFC-free DWR treatment
45 Litre Capacity
Author: Ski Club Read More: here
The Orion 40 is not a ski-specific pack - it’s actually designed for winter climbing and mountaineering – but it will certainly meet the needs of most skiers heading into the backcountry