We’ve designed the Galacia shirt to feel just as soft, light and comfortable as cotton, with the added performance of synthetic fabrics. It’s the sort of shirt that you’d wear to stay cool on a hot trek or bike ride but happily wear out for dinner afterwards.
- The comfortable natural feel of cotton and a fabric that stretches with you
- Super wicking and fast-drying to keep you cool, plus UPF 50+ protection
- Polygeine® anti-odour treatment and can be washed and dried overnight
In baking heat, a looser fitting cotton shirt can feel more comfortable than a close-fitting base layer. But there’s nothing worse than walking in a sticky, sweat-sodden cotton shirt all day so we’ve designed the Galacia to combine the benefits of both.
The light fabric has a soft, natural feel that moves with you and the tailoring around the shoulders provides additional freedom. This stops the shirt from feeling restrictive under a rucksack and allows you to stretch forwards on the bike or for gaining extra trekking pole leverage.
Because the fabric’s synthetic fibres don’t absorb water, the Galacia is naturally wicking and extremely fast drying. But, on top of that, the yarns in the fabric have been given a permanent wicking treatment. This speeds up evaporation to keep you cool and dry, even under a beating sun.
We’ve intentionally chosen lighter colours to reflect as much heat as possible and the fabric has a UPF of 50+. Combined with the long sleeves, this provides a high level of sun protection, whether abroad, at altitude or during the height of British summer.
Polygeine®anti-odour technology keeps you (or at least your shirt!) smelling fresher for longer on cycle tours and and multi-day hillwalking trips. Plus, because the Galacia is so fast drying, it can be easily washed and dried overnight in a hostel sink/closest body of non-mucky water for longer stretches of travelling.
“By choosing a fabric with inherent mechanical stretch and tailoring the shirts for movement, we’ve eliminated the need for spandex (which holds moisture), keeping the shirt as light and fast-drying as possible.” - Ronnie, Design Manager
- Cotton feel fabric for next-to-skin comfort with all the performance of synthetics.
- Quick drying and wicking fabric with a permanent wicking finish keeps you cool and dry.
- Polygiene™ anti-odour technology keeps your shirt smelling fresher for long.
- UPF 50+ fabric and long sleeves provide excellent sun protection.
- Angled rear yoke (the bit across your shoulders) for greater freedom of movement.
- Mechanical stretch fabric for moving comfort and moving freely.
- Button-hole for stashing your sunnies on front pocket.
- Secure velcro closure on front pocket.
58% Nylon 6,6 / 42% polyester / 90gsm
Permanent wicking treatment / Polygiene ®Odour Control / UPF 50+
105g (size 12)
|Chest (inches/cm)||32 / 81||34 / 86||36 / 91||38 / 97||40 / 102||42 / 107|
|Waist (inches/cm)||25.5 / 65||27 / 69||29 / 74||31 / 79||33 / 84||35 / 89|
|Hips (inches/cm)||35 / 89||37 / 94||39 / 99||41 / 104||43 / 109||45 / 114|
|This size chart indicates the body measurements our garments are designed to fit. Measure yourself as described below, and use the size chart to find your size.
Chest: measure around your chest at the widest part. The tape measure should pass under your arms, and be level from front to back.
Waist: measure around your waist at the narrowest part.
Hips: standing with your feet together, measure around your hips at the widest part.