Designed to give you waterproof protection and keep out the chill, Haline gloves were dreamt up with fast and light alpinism and ski-touring in mind. With a waterproof insert, they come in handy in UK conditions too!
Haline has a close fit, with pre-curved fingers and a supple yet highly grippy goatskin leather palm that make them hugely dexterous. (I'm wearing them to type and they passed the 'can-I-tie-my-shoelaces' test). This helps you to avoid the on-again, off-again when you’re doing something a little more fiddly, ideal for more technical mixed climbing. The cuff is low-profile enough to fit under your jacket too, giving you freedom to move.
Haline’s waterproof insert keeps your hands dry if the weather turns foul or you plunge them into the snow. The lining fabric is Bemberg cupro: a soft, high-wicking, breathable, insulating, and soft cotton-based fabric, ideal for medium activity levels on chilly Alpine summer days. (We know we said ‘soft’ twice, but it really feels amazing next to your skin!)
When you do need to de-glove, you can attach your Haline gloves to yourself with the carabiner loops, so that they don't run off without you!
- Dexterous waterproof glove for skiing and summer alpinism
- Close-fit with pre-curved fingers for excellent dexterity
- Supple goatskin leather palm and reinforcement for enhanced grip
- Waterproof insert keeps out the wet
- Low-profile cuff with hook and loop adjustor to give a snug fit
- Super comfortable, high-wicking, and breathable Bemberg lining for a great next-to-skin feel
- Carabiner loops help you avoid losing them
Weight (each): 50 g
Shell: 82% Polyester, 8% Spandex Lining: 100% Polyester, brushed Palm: 0.7 mm Goatskin Leather Waterproof insert: Porelle Dry Microporous PU Membrane
Product Care Information
The better you look after these gloves, the better they’ll look after you! To clean, handwash (no pun intended) in lukewarm water using a mild liquid detergent, allow to air dry. Do not dry on radiators.
|Inches||7 - 7.5||7.5 - 8||8 - 8.5||8.5 - 9|
|Centimetres||17.5 - 19||19 - 20.5||20.5 - 22||22 - 23.5|
1. Measure your dominant hand, not too tight, if your fingers go blue the tape measure is too tight!
2. Measure around your knuckles with your fingers together to find your girth, note down the measurement
3. Measure from the tip of your longest finger to the crease at your wrist to find your length, note down the measurement
4. Take the longest of these 2 measurements and consult the size chart above.
Cycling gloves: if you have chunky fingers or you are at the upper end of your size range consider going up a size. For example if your hand measured 8.5 inches order your Floe gloves in size X-Large.
Author: Dan Bailey Read More: here
Alpkit have pulled off an affordable range that, I think, genuinely compares with pricier alternatives.