Light enough to carry, strong enough to cope, the Kangri carefully balances durability, strength and weight to deliver a structure that will cope with the harsh conditions you may face on your expedition.
Based on the classic 4 pole geodesic structure the Kangri is light enough to provide shelter even at the most remote camps. The 40D Sil Nylon outer is strong enough to provide protection from elements and heavy-handed sherpas!!
When you are high in the mountains you are going to be limited as to the perfect spot to pitch your tent. The Kangris geodesic design creates a large living space with good head-room for a relatively small tent footprint. The free standing nature of the geodesic structure means it doesn't need pegs for its structural integrity opening up sites with marginal peg placements as options. Its strength is gained from the poles crossing at multiple points and we are not afraid to say we have based the Kangri on the original 4 poles concept. Many have tried but we don't feel it can be bettered. The shock loads of the wind and the more static loads of snowfall are distributed more evenly throughout the pole structure and flysheet... Read more
The attention to detail throughout the Alpkit mountain tents is second none to make sure you can spend every second enjoying the mountains. Every detail has been thought about to maximise its designed use. The fabrics are light, yet strong. Every stress point, be it a peg loop, guy point or internal hang tab has been reinforced to withstand repeated loadings. We thought about every detail of this tent so you can maximise your time enjoying the mountains.
Searching for a footprint? Look no further, just follow this link.
NB - Kangri doesn't come with any pegs, leaving you free to add your favourite set.Read less
- 4 pole classic geodesic strong and spacious mountain tent
- Inner pitch first, freestanding setup
- Geodesic design for a high strength to weight ratio
- Bar-tacked stress points for strength and dependability
- 2 entrances give a more comfortable living space
- 2 spacious porch vestibules for storing boots and rucksacks
- Stash pockets for organising your gear
- Two internal hang loops for torch or gloves
- Mesh/nylon doors for venting when you need it
- Fabric retains internal temperature and dries quickly
- Multiway zip doors offer numerous configurations
- Factory taped seams
- Bathtub construction keeps moisture out
- Colour-coded poles make pitching straight-forward
- Footprint optional
- 3 Year Alpine Bond
Sleeps: 2 (3 at a squeeze)
Total Weight: 3527 g Flysheet: 1250 g Inner: 1288 g Poles: 868 g Guylines: 72 g Tent bag: 120 g Pole bag: 20 g Peg bag: 15 g
Packed size: ⌀19 x 60 cm
Outer: 40D Si/PU Nylon ripstop Inner: 20D Nylon ripstop Floor: 70D/210T Poles: 4 poles, 7001-T6 Alloy Other: Buckles: Duraflex; Zips: YKK