A proper 3 person sized backpacking tent that you just wont want to take down.
Jaran 3 is a very roomy backpacking tent for 2 people, or a cosy tent for 3 people. Its headroom means you can comfortably sit upright and twin porches gives plenty of storage space for muddy boots and rain-drenched bags. All seams are factory-taped using waterproof, solvent-free polyurethane tape.
If you are traveling as a pair or trio, you will be able to split the weight of the tent between the group so you can afford to choose a tent with more generous spacing. At under 1 kg per person, the Jaran will easily become your go-to choice of tent.
After a busy day of rambling, kayaking, climbing or just having fun, having a diligently designed tent will certainly increase your chances of getting a good night’s sleep. The colour-coded webbing on Jaran 3 assists you in setting up quickly without too much fumbling in the dark.
The thicker fabric of Jaran 3 gives it increased durability- ideal for longer trips where it is harder to ensure optimum pitching conditions. On adventurous journeys, you can never perfectly predict the weather. Whether you are knocking around in the outback of Oz or exploring mountains in the Lakes, the horizontal crossbar incorporated in Jaran 3 increases the stability and spaciousness of the tent. However, Jaran 3 strikes a wonderful balance between space and still keeping the weight to 2.14 kg.
Jaran 3 benefits from having two sizable vestibules (136 cm x 74 cm) which after a week or two of tent life, you will be undoubtedly grateful for. When you are sharing a tent with 2 others, after a few days you will certainly appreciate not having to wake up with their socks and boots in your face.
- Semi-geodesic 3 pole lightweight freestanding backpacking tent
- Freestanding setup; pitches with 6 pegs, supplied with 10
- Single hub design for quick and easy setup
- Crossbar stabilises against the wind and enhances liveable space
- 2 entrances give a more comfortable living space
- 2 spacious porch vestibules (136 x 77 cm) for storing boots and rucksacks
- Mesh and polyester panelling on inner for ventilation, warmth and privacy
- Stash pockets for organising your gear
- Two internal hang loops for torch or gloves
- Factory-taped seams using waterproof, solvent-free polyurethane tape (PVC & VOC free)
- Bathtub construction keeps moisture out
- Reflective guy points for stability and visibility
- Colour-coded webbing makes pitching straight-forward
- Pole system with press fit connectors, lightweight hubs and eco-friendly anodizing
- Optional footprint protects the groundsheet
- 3 Year Alpine Bond
Sleeps: 3 (or 2 with luxurious space)
Total weight: 2080 g
Tent bag: 25g
Pole bag: 15g
Peg bag: 10g
Packed size: ø15 x 45 cm