Spacious 3 season tent with headroom to sit upright and decent sized vestibules for your stuff, Jaran strikes a great balance between weight, durability and space.
If you are on an uber-light exploration or a prolonged escapade, you will be deliberating your need for lightweight with a need for versatility and durability. Wherever you go and however you travel - by bike, boat or boots- guaranteeing a soporific night’s sleep is somewhat challenging, but we wouldn’t have it any other way!
A diligently designed tent will certainly increase your chances of getting plenty of sleep. The colour-coded webbing on Jaran 2 assists you in setting up quickly without too much fumbling in the dark.
Balancing the benefits of weight versus stability and durability can be a tricky task. Jaran strikes a wonderful balance of total weight remaining below 2 kg yet stability and space is increased by use of a horizontal crossbar.
Jaran 2 utilises a thicker fabric than Ordos which gives it increased durability- ideal for longer trips where it is harder to ensure optimum pitching conditions. On adventurous journeys, you can never perfectly predict the weather. The geometry of Jaran 2 increases its stability in windy conditions and the bathtub floor protects from soggy pitches. Incorporated mesh sections give great ventilation whilst keeping bugs at bay.
Jaran 2 benefits from having two sizable vestibules (126 cm x 72 cm) which after a week or two of tent life, you will be undoubtedly grateful for. In such confined conditions, every inch of space is a blessing for storing mucky boots and hoards of kit- or even just to get a little breathing space from your companion! Having two entrances saves having to climb (or be climbed over) every time you or your companion want to exit/ enter the tent.
- Semi-geodesic 3 pole lightweight freestanding backpacking tent
- Freestanding setup; pitches with 6 pegs, supplied with 10
- Single hub design for quick and easy setup
- Crossbar stabilises against the wind and enhances liveable space
- 2 entrances give a more comfortable living space
- 2 spacious porch vestibules (126 x 76 cm) for storing boots and rucksacks
- Mesh and polyester panelling on inner for ventilation, warmth and privacy
- Stash pockets for organising your gear
- Two internal hang loops for torch or gloves
- Factory-taped seams using waterproof, solvent-free polyurethane tape (PVC & VOC free)
- Bathtub construction keeps moisture out
- Reflective guy points for stability and visibility
- Colour-coded webbing makes pitching straight-forward
- Pole system with press fit connectors, lightweight hubs and eco-friendly anodizing
- Optional footprint protects the groundsheet and extends to the porch
- 3 Year Alpine Bond
Total weight: 1800 g Flysheet: 615 g Inner: 600 g Poles: 400 g Pegs: 110 g Guylines: 25 g Tent bag: 25 g Pole bag: 15 g Peg bag: 10 g Footprint weight*: 205 g *Footprint only included if 'Tent with footprint' is selected
Packed size: ø15 x 42 cm
Outer: Nylon Ripstop 30D; PU/Si Inner Mesh: 20D Poly No-See-Um; Panels: 20D Nylon Ripstop Floor: Nylon Ripstop 30D; 3000 mm PU/Si Poles: 3 poles, 7001-T6 Aluminium Pegs: 10 Y-Beam pegs Other: Buckles: Duraflex; Zips: YKK
Author: Jessica Strange Read More: here
Filoment jacket which surprised me on how warm and comfy it is, and stylish!
Author: Graham Thompson
Once again Alpkit has shredded the rulebook regarding good value, as the design, spec and performance outweigh the price tag. 5/5