From the award-winning Wild Guide series, with over 600 secret adventures and 500 places to eat and sleep. Taking you to places no other guidebook reaches.
Discover secret sandy beaches lapped by turquoise seas, and dramatic limestone cliffs honeycombed with sea caves; watch the sunrise from inside an ancient cromlech, and conquer ruined castles and snow-covered peaks; wander through enchanted woods and dive into crystal-clear waterfalls; descend into tunnels and caverns, or swim in a pure mountain tarn overflowing with legend. Then feast by the fire of a cosy inn and stargaze from your tent or sheepskin-strewn hideaway.
Featuring stunning photography and engaging travel writing, this is the perfect guide for a wild adventure or the ultimate weekend escape.
- Secret beaches, sea caves and coasteering
- Wild swimming and waterfalls
- Easy scrambles and gorge walks
- Sunset hill forts and unknown peaks
- Sacred sites, holy wells and standing stones
- Ruined castles, abandoned quarries and hidden caverns
- Ancient woods, magical meadows and wildlife spectacles
- Local food and drink, from the best seafood to micro-distilleries
- Secluded luxury hideaways, cottages and quirky campsites
- Wild camping and bothies
- 23 Welsh regions covered including Snowdonia, Pembrokeshire and the Brecon Beacons
- Map of each region
- Stunning photography
About the Authors
Daniel Start is an award-winning travel writer and photographer. He is the author of the best-selling Wild Swimming and Hidden Beaches, as well as several Wild Guides. He was brought up on the River Wye and later lived on a hill farm in Gwynedd.
Tania Pascoe is a naturalist, foodie and photographer. She is the author of Wild Garden Weekends, as well as several Wild Guides.
Origin: United Kingdom