Pelmo is a technical natural fibre 18 litre daypack for mountain walking and travel, with practical features that set it up for daily use too
It’s made from dry waxed cotton, which is cotton canvas imbued with wax to give it natural water resistance and a supple feel. Waxed cotton is lightweight and incredibly durable, that’s why it’s been used over the centuries for everything from sailcloth to garments for farmers, and why we’ve used to it make technical mountain daypacks suitable for day-in, day-out use.
Pelmo features a wide YKK zip with storm flap that makes it easy to find stuff inside and an external pocket with zipped closure for stuff you need to get to more often. A soft padded back support makes it comfortable to carry.
Pelmo is a backpack made to go everywhere with you, share in your adventures, be depended upon and live to tell the tale afterwards. Designed and made by the team here in our UK factory (just outside the Peak District) to be hardwearing and enduring, all stress-points are bar-tacked and seams bound. We know how important a dependable backpack is, so you’ve also got the reassurance of a 25 year Alpine Bond warranty just in case.
- 18 litre technical waxed cotton backpack for hillwalking and travel.
- Waxed cotton is natural water resistant, durable, lightweight and supple.
- We use dry waxed cotton to reduce transfer of wax onto your clothing.
- Designed and made here in our UK factory to be hardwearing and durable.
- Padded back support makes it comfortable to carry.
- Wide YKK zip opening so you can find your stuff easily.
- Rear external pocket with zipped closure.
- Key clip in main compartment so you don’t lose your keys.
- 25 Year Alpine Bond
Capacity: 18 l Weight: 480 g
Outer fabric: 330 denier Dry Waxed cotton Lining: cotton Hardware: Aluminium tension hooks, YKK zips
Origin: United Kingdom
Product Care Information
For us, caring for our gear is all part of the adventure. Pelmo is made from dry waxed cotton, which has a higher melting point than regular waxed cotton to reduce transfer onto your clothes (it will still transfer, but at a slower rate). You still need to rewax your bag every so often so that it maintains its water resistance. We recommend rewaxing every 12 months, or if you notice your bag isn’t repelling water as it should. For more detail on how to rewax your bag, take a look at our rewaxing support sticky.