Wanted: Studio Photographer
This is an exciting opportunity for someone who loves to combine photography, film, outdoor products and online retail!
Your primary role will be to photograph our lovely products and make them look amazing for our online store. As well as demonstrating technical excellence we will be looking for a strong creative spark. You should have an excellent sense of composition, and an understanding of the functional requirements of product photography. You should feel comfortable with the fast paced nature of online retail. This is a high pressure role where artistic integrity has to be balanced with commercial reality.
Key responsibilities and accountabilities:
- Provide photographic and digital imaging support
- Basic product studio and model photography in the house style
- Producing and editing product insight videos
- Manage workload and on time delivery of projects
- Cataloguing and indexing the Alpkit photo library
- Researching new photographic methods and techniques that we can employ
- Maintaining the photo studio in a orderly fashion
- Looking after photography equipment
- Photography shoots for marketing and advertising use
- Videography support and editing for the marketing and web content teams
- Ability to dress models / mannequins and create product compositions
- Understand outdoor products and how our customers use them
- Direct subjects to feel at ease and comfortable whilst being photographed
- Develop the techniques / forms for the efficient photography of common product types
- Arrange studio lighting and other studio equipment to best effect
- Book out and return products back to stock when photographed
- Make the best use of the equipment we have
- Selecting and short listing stock photographs for a brief
- An orderly approach for fast image retrieval
- Post production image editing
- Knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite
Hours: 40 hours per week, from 9.00 - 17.30, Monday to Friday with 1/2 hr paid breaks during the day and 1/2 hr unpaid lunch.
Location: Work is based at our HQ in Nottingham.
Pay: Dependent on experience.
Interested?Send your CV and cover letter detailing why you want to be our photographer email@example.com.