UPDATE: THIS POSITION HAS NOW BEEN FILLED
We need someone to join our clothing design team to help take prototype garments all the way through to production. We’ve got the ideas; we need you to help make them a reality. With a rapidly expanding technical clothing range, and a small team (you’d be doubling its size!) this is an exciting role for someone with a can-do attitude.
This is not just a pure garment tech role; you’ll be assisting with other aspects of the development process, including administrative tasks relating to fabric and trim, CSR, and critical path management. This might include work on other product categories, not just clothing.
You don’t need to have lots of experience, but an understanding of garment fit/construction and the production process are crucial. Most of all we want someone who is prepared to get stuck in, and wants to be part of the Alpkit development team to ensure the success of our technical clothing/product range.
Take prototype garments all the way through to production, ensuring they are fit for purpose from both a technical construction and fit point of view. Assist with the organisation and administration of the product development department.
- Assist Designer with measuring and fitting proto samples
- Grading and fitting of size sets
- Maintain consistency of fit across Alpkit garments
- Issue accurate Production Specification including measurement charts and materials lists
- Ensure garments are constructed so that they are fit for purpose e.g. waterproof
- Ensure appropriate quality control procedures are followed
- Inspect bulk production as necessary
- Manage and approve fabric shipping samples
- Manage fabric tech spec database
- Co-ordinate fabric/ component and sample testing
- Assist with trim specification/development
- Proactively develop CSR: ethical trading, environmental bench marking, certification etc
- Manage critical path for product development
- Liaise with Designer, Buyers and Vendors to manage timelines and ensure delivery dates are met
- Communicate with marketing on availability of samples
- Understanding of garment construction, grading and fit
- Ability to communicate clearly with Far East manufacturers
- Computer literate, including competence in Word and Excel (experience with Illustrator and Mac based apps would be an advantage)
- Understanding of technical garment requirements for the Alpkit end-user
- Knowledge of performance standards relating to technical fabrics
- Ability to adhere to deadlines and manage multiple tasks and priorities
- Senior Clothing Designer & wider product development team – work closely to deliver production garments that meet the specification and expectations of the team.
- Buying and marketing teams – liase on product timelines and delivery dates.
- Far East manufacturers – establish good working relationships with our suppliers.
- Highly organised
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to work in a close knit team
- Interest in/ appreciation of outdoor sports
No formal qualification is required as a pre-requisite, but a good level of technical knowledge will be required.
1-2 years experience working in a similar role would be an advantage.
For more info please email a CV, current salary details and covering letter to email@example.com