TheSaunders Lakeland Mountain Marathon is a 2-day mountain navigation competition (or race) held annually in the Lake District. Now in its 41styear, it’s a classic event on the fell running calendar. Watch the video from last years event below...
Introducing Ben and Louis - the winners of this years competition!
Ben and Louis are local Cumbrians and are both keen navigators. Meeting at their local orienteering club they've shared a multitude of adventures together, be it climbing, running, swimming or biking, you're unlikely to find this pair away from mountains and lakes.
The Saunders Lakeland Mountain Marathon will be their first mountain marathon, and the first time they've competed in an event like this as a pair. We couldn't be happier to support Ben and Louis as they take on the challenge... Good luck!
Taking place in the summertime (5th-7th July) around the Howgills area (a first for 2019), with multiple courses at varying difficulty levels on offer, SLMM makes the ideal mountain marathon for fresh first timers and experienced fell runners alike. As part of our support for the event, we have once again subsidised entries to under 25's.
To help encourage those first timers and younger runners to get out there and experience a race such as this, we're offering a pairs entry to either the Wansfell or Harter Fell classexclusively to under 25's!Not only will the winnersbe awarded with an entry to the Saunders, but also a £500 Alpkit voucher to spend between the pair. This will help you to get race ready withkit you'llneed to meet the minimum requirements as set by the Fell Runners Associasion. If you're not sure what kit you have to carry, read the rules here.
Winners will also have the chance to share their story through pictures on Alpkit social media and even write your very own Daring Deed for the website! You'll be brushing shoulders with some veteran fell runners including our very own Alpkiteers Nicky Spinks and Aleks Kashefi, so a perfect opportunity to get stuck in with the pro's.
How to Enter
If you fancy the chance to win entry to this years Saunders Lakeland Mountain Marathon and £500 worth of Alpkit kit, simply tell us why you think you and your running partnershould win... easy! Use no more than 100 words and extra kudos will be given to those who can crack a smile on the readers face... Good Luck!
ENTRIES NOW CLOSED
Terms and Conditions
- By entering, you agree tobe added to the AlpkitEspresso Newsletter and can unsubscribe at any time
- Both you and your running partner must be available for the race dates of 5th-7th July!
- Alpkit cannot provide travel, food or any other support not outlined above
- Entries available only to humans between the ages of 18 and 25 (please no entries fordogs, cats or kangaroos)
- Competition entries close on 21stApril and the winner will be contacted via email
- Alpkit is not responsible for any injuries sustained as a result of entering SLMM
- Alpkit canbe held responsible for helping to provide great memories froman amazing event
- Beneficial for competition entrants tohave an interest in 'type 2 fun' with a sense of adventure
- Entrants must like to Go Nice Places and Do Good Things