Since day one with Alpkit we have realised the importance of getting out there and meeting our customers. As an online only business the only way to do that has been to attend events and to create our own events - including our own Festival - The Big Shakeout.
Whilst we now have our first store open and are planning more we still see events as an important part of our business, we also love getting out and attending some really brilliant events around the country and meeting our customers.
This new role comprises of organising and running our Alpkit Unplugged events progranmme and supporting the marketing team in our day to day work in spreading the Go Nice Places Do Good Things message.
Purpose of Role
Alpkit Unplugged - Formulate and attend a series of events around the country to promote the Alpkit brand and show product to customers, to support the marketing team in the preparation and delivery of content and activity.
- Identify and organise a forward calendar of important events to attend throughout the year.
- Organiseour own events (LittleShakeouts)including bike demos, equipment showcases, contract sale demos for groups/organisations
- Develop a mobile stand and set up that can be used at all events.
- Identify and develop a show/event team of external and internal staff
- Treat shows and events as an extension of existing retail spaces.
- Choose, manage and maintain stock and product samples for PR / Shows and photography
- Support Alpkiteer team requirements and maximize their involvement in events.
- Help with delivery of our marketing and social media activity and maximise coverage pre/post and during events.
- Maintain a gear review calendar and liase with Marketing Manager to ensure suitable products sent.
- Manage and file a record of reviews and post to Kudos section on website.
- Provide pro-active support across the Marketing Team
Qualifications, Experience and Skills
- Love working with people
- Comfortable with the pressure of regular weekend work and long hours of events
- Demonstrable commercial flair and product knowledge
- Able to provide the high levels of Customer Service expected at Alpkit.
- Experience of working in a fast paced retail or ecommerce environment is beneficial.
- Creative, practical and able to work effectively under pressure and to tight deadlines
- High level of computer literacy and dealing with spreadsheets, databases, email and internet
- Full Driving License
- Outdoor Enthusiast
We have a relaxed office environment but we work hard. Tea (and coffee for the non-believers) is always to hand, decent music is almost always on but when there is stuff to do, we knuckle down and get on with the job.
If you are interested after reading that, then email your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org, clearly stating the position you are applying for.
POSITION AVAILABLE FROM IMMEDIATE EFFECT. CLOSING DATE 12 MAY