We're recruting a full time assistant buyer, to help us place orders and keep in stock. We work for the long term with a few factories around the world as well as buying for our own production facility. We are only interested in the highest quality technical clothing and equipment for enthusiasts of climbing, mountaineering, riding, running, camping, walking, outdoor swimming, paddling and adventure travel. We sell the stuff you put in the van to go to the mountains.
The main responsibilities of the job include:
- placing orders with suppliers around the world, track order status and coordinate the delivery of products into our warehouse including freight and customs clearance;
- building and maintaining a good working relationship with all suppliers particularly our UK and European suppliers;
- work within budgets and targets set by the Senior Buyer;
- checking invoices against orders to make sure quantities and costs are accurate and cost price changes are agreed and updated in systems;
- attend trade fairs, in the UK and overseas, to help the team design, source and manufacture products;
- work with the design team to help make sure deadlines and critical paths are met; and
- work with customer service hero's, warehouse and marketing teams to make sure that the on order and stock due is well communicated
Alpkit is a small team and, as excellent customer service and high quality products are our bread and butter, you will be an important part of what we do. We have a relaxed working environment but we work hard. Coffee (Tea for the non-believers) is always to hand, decent music is almost always on but we enjoy work and knuckle down to get on with the job when we have to.
For more info please email a CV, current salary details and covering letter to email@example.com